New Bike advice circa £2000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
I just got a Cervelo R3d for £2350... RRP £4199

There are some cracking deals out there!

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I'd go for an Eddy Merckx at the moment. ~50% off at Wiggle, and no doubt many other retailers too. Due to financial trouble and being taken over by Ridley.

bpsmith

Veteran
I just got a Cervelo R3d for £2350... RRP £4199

There are some cracking deals out there!
Where from, if you don't mind me asking?

Just trying to line something up, should mine need replacing. Fancying the 2018 R3 R8000 after seeing the shockingly bright Neon Yellow paint! Full price of £2,999 being a brand new model though.

vickster

Legendary Member
Excellent, cheers. Rather nice looking, but it is black I guess. Need to balance a change in scheme from the Matte Black Bianchi, against a fantastic deal like that.
Says it's grey. Not sure what makes it such a great deal, paying for the name...was it ever a £4.2k bike with Ultegra?

Google for 10 seconds is your friend when looking for deals ;)

It's also pretty offensive that they label it as gender 'men's' in the spec :rolleyes: I'm sure plenty of pro women ride Cervelo 'men's bikes'

Last edited:

bpsmith

Veteran
Says it's grey. Not sure what makes it such a great deal, paying for the name...was it ever a £4.2k bike with Ultegra?

Google for 10 seconds is your friend when looking for deals ;)

It's also pretty offensive that they label it as gender men's in the spec :rolleyes:
Maybe? Although that frame is supposed to be very nice tbh. It's last years Ultegra too. :smile:

I did a Google, but Wheelbase didn't come up for me. I also used Bikesy and it didn't show there. Thanks for the link though.

Agree on the sexist comment also.

Kuota Kobalt - if you want something a bit different - bright red, italian,
I have the kuota kharma great comfy bike, still gets admiring comments even though its 9 years old...

vickster

Legendary Member
Maybe? Although that frame is supposed to be very nice tbh. It's last years Ultegra too. :smile:

I did a Google, but Wheelbase didn't come up for me. I also used Bikesy and it didn't show there. Thanks for the link though.

Agree on the sexist comment also.
I just googled Cervelo r3d and scrolled across the google shopping hits

User269

For your budget, I could find you a perfectly good bike for £250 + my consultancy fees of £750. Satisfaction guaranteed!

Joffey

Big Dosser
£2350 for an excellent frame, decent wheels, carbon cranks, hydraulic disc GS and Fizik saddle. At £4199 I would say you are paying for the name, certainly not at £2350 @vickster

I'm going to put eTap on it in the new year (I can get it VAT free) so I will have a Cervelo R3d running the top level SRAM GS all for £3500. Bargain.

PS: I think Sigma are doing a black and white frame with Ultegra Di2 for £2800 with rim brakes if the grey isn't you cup of tea @bpsmith

This is it in real life, it's a dark frame:

IMG_4994.JPG

vickster

Legendary Member
Whatever floats your boat :smile: But my, those hoods are huge and fugly ... hopefully the SRAM ones will be an improvement ;)

bpsmith

Veteran
£2350 for an excellent frame, decent wheels, carbon cranks, hydraulic disc GS and Fizik saddle. At £4199 I would say you are paying for the name, certainly not at £2350 @vickster

I'm going to put eTap on it in the new year (I can get it VAT free) so I will have a Cervelo R3d running the top level SRAM GS all for £3500. Bargain.

PS: I think Sigma are doing a black and white frame with Ultegra Di2 for £2800 with rim brakes if the grey isn't you cup of tea @bpsmith

This is it in real life, it's a dark frame:

View attachment 382258
Cracking spec for the discounted price. Really like Matte Black frames still, which this is a lovely example of, although I am potentially replacing a Matte Black Bianchi so fancy a change.

Looking at this 2018 version presently, which will look rather fetching with Neon Yellow helmet and shoes...
Cervelo-R3-Ultegra-8000-Road-Bike-Yellow-Fluo-Black.jpg

Top Bottom