New bike - approx £1500 ????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tempus fugit

I'm going to come into approx £1000 - £1500 in the near future and would like to invest it in a road bike that will be lighter and maybe higher quality than my existing Fausto Coppi Torino.
Has anyone got any ideas please ? I'm considering a number of options , Cinelli Man Machine , Wilier Mortirolo , not sure what other options I've got .

Speck

Oldest Teenager In Town
I recently bought a Wilier Mortirolo (Veloce) with an upgrade to Racing 5's for £1,440 form Epic Cycles. Love it. http://www.epic-cycles.co.uk

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
£1500 is a very workable budget. A good LBS should be able to give you lots of options from a number of different frame builders, componenets and wheels. From all the options you should be able to choose which are your priorities. They would also include a fitting service and advise you which frames would fit you better than others. Where do you live? I'm sure people would be happy to tell you where you can get a decent service.

Mortiroloboy

The Wilier is a great bike, and I speak from experience, if you can stretch the budget a bit, then go for the Centaur Gruppo. The Cinelli Man Machine looks great, but the ride is a lot harsher than the Wilier IMO.

slow down

Have you thought about frame and parts build up? If you're not confident enough to build yourself, your LBS will happily do it for you. It may cost a little more, but if you buy off the shelf, you invariably end up being not 100% happy about saddle, wheels, tyres, bar width etc and swap them out. Always better to make your own choice IMHO.

Evilcat

Yep, worth mentioning that 2007 model bikes are now being discounted by the big online retailers. Not exactly a LBS experience, but plenty of bargains falling into the £1,500 price range.

EC

peejay78

my condor acciao, steel frame, veloce GS, vento wheels, custom fit, came in at £1100. a snip.

jashburnham

NOW SOLD

I have a 2007 Wilier Mortirolo Centaur which I am thinking of selling. Please see here for pics: http://www.flickr.com/photos/58467471@N00/538690733/

Let me know if you are interested, I should warn you that it will not be sold with the wheels, pedals or saddle pictured, but I have the original (and barely used) Fulcrum 7's and saddle. The bike has done a fair few summer miles but all in good weather and is in near mint condition. Only reason I'm considering selling is to fund an upgrade to a Pinarello Prince. Let me know if you are interested, if you're in London then I'm sure we could arrange a viewing!

Top Bottom