New bike (Canyon or others)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pier

Pier

I'm seeing lot of offers on Eddy Merckx bikes/frames but It doesn't seem very popular (probably that's why the offers :tongue:)...maybe someone have had/tried them?

OP
OP
Pier

Pier

Quite disappointed on how some shops do treat some possible customers...I don't think £2000 is kind of loose change.
I think at this point I'll wait for the 2018 bikes and see what they offer.

OP
OP
Pier

Pier

Thanks...I've seen the Boardman but I already have one and wanted to change. I have to say I reconsidered a bit the type of bike...I'm eyeing some very light bikes too (so classic rim brakes) as recently I started to do more hilly rides (and a 7kg bike is really appealing). But I still look at the disk bikes too.
Rose and Canyon has released the 2018 models and with around around £2000 I can get a decent bike.
I have to say, I really love the look of the orbea bikes (orca or avant).

kiwifruit

Über Member
Thanks...I've seen the Boardman but I already have one and wanted to change. I have to say I reconsidered a bit the type of bike...I'm eyeing some very light bikes too (so classic rim brakes) as recently I started to do more hilly rides (and a 7kg bike is really appealing). But I still look at the disk bikes too.
Rose and Canyon has released the 2018 models and with around around £2000 I can get a decent bike.

kiwifruit

Über Member
I had the same situation, had permission from the misses to get a new bike budget £2500 . I got an Canyon now, so not another Canyon. Did think about the Rose but didn't want to buy online this time. I didn't want a Gaint, Cannondale or Specialized. Was going for an Merdia Scultura 6000 disc but decided on a Orbea Avant m20 team disc 2017 on offer from £2399 down to £1599. I will be changing the FAS crankset to a Ultegra so i will have full ultegra group set. Went for a first proper ride on it yesterday and what a beauty, just need a few adjustments.

Attachments

• 20170901_155129.jpg
    20170901_155129.jpg
    186.3 KB · Views: 52

vickster

Legendary Member
Orbea avant reduced at cyclesurgery

https://www.cyclesurgery.com/p/orbea-avant-m20-team-disc-2017-Q2210472.html?colour=108

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I'm now an ex Canyon owner (strictly I own some broken bits of frame after a car smash) but they sorted my Di2 issue with acceptable efficiency. I bought it *just* before they had their big supply meltdown in 2015 so got mine in reasonable time, but I do know some others that were royally messed around. I haven't heard any major complaints about supply since, so I assume they've learned their lesson.
Apart from that, the usual mail order caveats apply. If you're confident about sizing and geometry then they're fine bikes. Whether they're any finer than the many other offerings available is debatable, but I was happy enough. Once the compo for the smash comes through I'll be having another.

Last edited:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Ooooh, I also have a Rose TT bike. It's probably better value than the Canyon, but the frame finish and own brand bits aren't quite to the same level. Their UK operation is VERY small if something goes wrong, but they do have a rep that can fix the smaller issues (loose headset with odd TT-specific tightening in my case).

OP
OP
Pier

Pier

In the end I'll probably wait until end of the year (this is when I bought the Boardman before and I've got it with more than 30% off). I wanted to see if I could get a good deal before a sportive I have at the beginning of October but it looks very unlikely. So I'll leave myself a bit more time to decide about rim vs disk brakes and ,if it really deserves it, even a bit more money.
Between Rose and Canyon I'd definitely take Canyon, but Rose has some bikes within my budget that are even < 7kg.

Top Bottom