New Bike Day Imminent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My new Temple Cycles Adventure Disc 2 is with the courier. :wahhey:

I ordered it on the Cycle to Work scheme back in July, so it’s been a bit of a wait.

The main hold-up was the frame which is apparently manufactured in Vietnam. The factory closed down for quite a while due to Covid. The frame is then painted in Cardiff and then assembled at Temple Cycles in Bristol.

I sold my mountain bike back in June (not many mountains in Cambridgeshire) and being down to two bikes just didn’t feel right.

All uphill

Still rolling along
Lovely things, Temple bikes.^_^

A couple of years ago I was cycling in Bristol and met a group of about 20 all on Temple bikes. A quiet riot of pastel colours and lovely skinny frames (the bikes, that is).

How exciting!

I get excited with new bike day but the puritanical/scrooge side of my psyche makes me feel guilty and question whether I should have bought it! So it's not complete excitement for me.

Looks a nice bike.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Nice choice - the Temple Adventure range are some of the few bikes that give me impure thoughts relative to my CdF and I love the more retro aesthetic with the less-slopey top tube, lugged / crowned forks, leather saddle and bar tape... I think at the time of buying my Genesis the Temple bikes worked out a fair bit more expensive for a similar (hydro) spec and I couldn't justify the extra spend.

I agree about the supply chain, although without going to really pricey, properly-custom UK-built bikes realistically pretty much everything is going to come from the far east.

Anyway I'm sure it'll give you many years of mixed-surface pleasure - be sure to bang some pics up once it's arrived ;)

Last edited:

Hebe

getting better all the time
Exciting! And just in time for the weekend too. Their step through tourer is on my n+1 shortlist. Looking forward to seeing more pictures.

Top Bottom