New bike day (new to me) - the collection begins

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSK

So mid summer saw me get back into cycling and I picked up a Trek Alpha 2.3, in perfect condition, original handbook and bill of sale. It was my first proper bike (by proper I mean not a new bike for £150 from some cycle warehouse which squeaks and creaks for all its worth as you ride of).

I bought a forum members Boardman late summer as my first trial of a carbon bike, it was an impressive ride but some how, I just couldn't gel with it. So that was painfully sold to fund a Giant TCR.

Today I drove 4 hours each way to pick up a Giant Propel 2 (L) after failing to get a Giant TCR Advanced for a reasonable price. The bike was described as not mint but when I got there, despite odd wheels (owner removed the Mavic Cosmics), it was a one of those moments where the bike was better than expected. Frame was replaced under warranty with a '0' after the original '2' cracked. Frame is unmarked despite being used, shifters, derailieurs, chain are all in perfect shape, shifting is silky smooth and precise, bar tape is used but in perfect shape and the only wear being the seat. All complete with a bill of sale. Very happy with the deal and the price was very respectable but, the bike was better than expected.

Can't wait until xmas as I have 2 weeks off so will get some miles in then. I just did a quick DIY bike fit when I got back and the geo and size for me feel about right. This week I'm going to try and source a PA2 wheel for the front or, wheelset.

49218596437_c45966d2e5_z.jpg

49218369871_77ba968ca7_z.jpg

49217888933_afaf512f91_z.jpg

49218369916_f7c5155d32_z.jpg

13 rider

Guru
Enjoy .

Reactions: DSK

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
They're decent bikes - we see a lot of them used in racing.

I'd suggest a better wheelset and crankset upgrade as they're quite basic compared to the frame itself. But otherwise ... enjoy. The '0' is an excellent frame.

Reactions: DSK
Top Bottom