New Bike Finally Setup to My Liking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Today is the first day I felt everything on my new bike and the cleats on my cycling shoes were setup to my liking. I'm not the sort of person that can work out the optimal settings from just sitting on a bike, instead I need to get out, see what aches and make minor adjustments. Today's 40 mile ride was an absolute joy and by the time I got home I felt I could go back out and do the same again. No aching backs, numb palms, sore back sides or painful knees today, just wind in the hair and pure exhilaration. :smile:
7617241362_2fe41442b8_z.jpg

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Wow... a decent colour Bianchi :smile:

Reactions: gaz

Pauluk

JtB said:
I'm not the sort of person that can work out the optimal settings from just sitting on a bike, instead I need to get out, see what aches and make minor adjustments.
Yes I'm the same. Get it nearly right but then need to try it for a bit. I'm still not fully happy with my stem and handlebar position although I can't quite put my finger on it. Think I'll have another go at the spacer positions.

Also I noticed today when I went out with my wife I felt a bit saddle sore and had slightly numb fingers. I don't get this on my commute at all, which is slightly further and a good deal faster, so I found it a bit strange. Put it down to harder work on my commute!

Top Bottom