New bike for the New Year.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
...I've treated myself to a new commuting machine for the New Year. Well, not brand new, but a complete minter, and for 1/3 rrp! I've spent some of today commuterificating it. Lights/horn/computer/mirrors/pedals/mudguards-what a pain in the a**e getting crud mudguards to fit over a Marathon Plus 25mm tyre! I've avoided fitting a rack as I want to keep it light (ish) so I'll use the seatpost rack on the 1 or 2 days a week that I use it for commuting, sticking with the trike for most days. I've also put new bar tape on. Why on Earth manufacturers fit white tape is beyond me!

So there she sits 'neath the tree, waiting to be ridden. Hopefully I'll get out tomorrow, and I may even get to go on a club ride over the next couple of weeks whilst I'm off work.

Merry Christmas everyone!

imagejpg1_zpsf8eafbf1.jpg

Last edited:

SWSteve

Guru
Secteur? Looks fantastic! QR on the front is on the wrong side though (should be non-drive side)

OP
OP
BlackPanther

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
Yup, Secteur Elite.

I have had the wheels off to change tyres. Is there a reason for having the q/r on that side then? Just looking at seats now. Again, white isn't right (red for me)
I need comfort more than lightweight. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

SWSteve

Guru
Yup, Secteur Elite.

I have had the wheels off to change tyres. Is there a reason for having the q/r on that side then? Just looking at seats now. Again, white isn't the colour for me. I need comfort more than lightweight. Any suggestions?
because it's THE way for them to be. Looks a fantastic and very seasonally coloured bike though, chapeau

Osprey

Guru
Some tyres are also unidirectional so potentially the tyre is on backwards if the QR is on the driveside.

Top Bottom