New Bike in 30 Sleeps..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Indeed, I thoiught you are now looking for a drop bar road bike based on your other posts. What are you looking to use the bike for, what sort of terrain etc? Why a road bike rather than flat bars?

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
At first I wanted a flat bar road bike because of all the hills, I live on a mountain and I needed the oomph.. but these seem to be scarse so a normal road bike is what I'm thinking of now.
The Hybrid's came about because someone told me that they are easier to ride as they dont have drop bars.. and the Canondale Quick 3 was mentioned..

vickster

Legendary Member
Ah, triple on a roadbike not that common - also on most fast hybrids

I think the Cannondales are quite chunky compared to say the Sirrus - more MTB geometry than roadbike I think someone told me

Cyclist33

Depends if you're on a Quick or a Quick CX, vickster. The SL2 is akin to a sirrus elite I think, with 50 39 30 chainset and road cassette, 28mm tyres and if its as quick as my Quick 3, pretty quick!

vickster

Legendary Member
He says the Quick 3? Is that the SL2 - model numbers are befuddling

Chainset and cassette numbers are utter gobbledegook to me frankly :blush:

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
So have I got this right..
The Quick 3 and the SL2 are more road and the Quick 3 CX is mor MB.. and the Sirrus Elite is like the Quick 3 and SL2..

Good morning both..

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Just as an aside.. does it make difference if the tyres are 32 or 28 at the rear..

vickster

Legendary Member
Skinny, quicker...fatter more cushioned over bumps, more grip. 28 is fine for paths, grass, but nothing too rough, slippy, muddy etc. I never had an issue on my Sirrus on 28s

OP
OP
Boon 51

Boon 51

Veteran
Skinny, quicker...fatter more cushioned over bumps, more grip. 28 is fine for paths, grass, but nothing too rough, slippy, muddy etc. I never had an issue on my Sirrus on 28s

Thats what I was thinking.
To be honest my bike will only be on tarmac, the 6 days it does rain here a year here I could stay in.... :smile:

Top Bottom