New Bike - Narrow down the choice?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
G

Gary D

Apologies for bouncing this again but I thought I would report back.........

Decision made :biggrin: :angry: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I have ordered the Bianchi 928 C2C with 105 triple (heresy I know :biggrin:) in Celeste.

I test rode the Roubaix, Madone 4.5 and the 928. Not a great deal to choose between them that I could tell. Although I have to say I was not overly impressed with the Roubaix at all, even though I expected to be, but can't explain exactly why?? The Trek certainly felt faster.

However, amongst one of the things that influenced my decision was that when I went to ride the 928, I forgot my padded shorts and thought "Oooh this might hurt a bit:sad:" but I was really pleasantly surprised. It was so incredibly comfortable on the couple of laps round the block. It also had the "wow" factor for me - which the others didn't quite have.

Still waiting for a confirmed delivery date but I can't wait now :biggrin: :biggrin:

The LBS has been fantastic as well, and nothing has been too much trouble for them.

Will let you know how the first ride goes.

Gary.

My Bianchi 928 C2C veloce, is great, its comfortable and fast, I'm sure you'll enjoy yours when it comes.:biggrin:

Tynan

Veteran
saw a bianchi at the light once, I'm not a road bike perv but it did look very nice indeed, the colour is very nice

buggi

Bird Saviour
if you want comfort go for the roubaix. i sat on one at the bike show and it is a really comfy riding position. i never actually rode it, but i knew straight away it would be a comfy riding position. they are made specifically for long rides (designed for the paris roubaix and them cobbles!) and gezza reckons they are really fast too (see his F@@@ me !!! thread in cafe)

Top Bottom