New Bike....No clue what it is!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brand

Suitable for riding to the pub not sure I would want to ride it home!
I have moved on to rohloff equipped bikes with expensive disc brakes on one and the other has rims which have had ceramic fired at it at 7 times the speed of sound ie in bedded into the metal. The aim being to save money in the long run. Not been to a bike shop for 2-3 years (apart from one owner putting a brand new non compatible bottom bracket on). It may take a while but I expect to get money back. I would probably have achieved that a year ago if I could make my mind on which one to sell...not going to happen!
The ceramic rim one, had done 20,000 km before I bought it and rims show no sign of ware and the Brooks saddle is to put it mildly worn in.
PS I have no idea how many times I have crashed on the way back from the pub but both bikes are undamaged. Wish I could say the same about myself.

brand

Bought a Saracen from Police auction disc front rim back replaced the rear wheel 5 times still have it after 16 years. Not worth flogging keep it for when my daughters stay so we can go on our traditional cycle ride...they get Rolloff I get the Saracen. The cheek of it.
If I hadn't bought Rohloff it would still be my everyday bike.

migrantwing

Veteran
@Zakk69

Please excuse my rude fellow Countrymen, Don't stress it, I'd much rather have your bike and live where you are than a 10K bike and live in this sh*t country ;)

Top Bottom