New Bike: Orro Terra G 105/FSA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What's the 'final payment' on cycle to work bikes these days? I remember when I looked into it a while ago, with 20% tax rebate and the final payment it really wasn't worth it but I think I was just unlucky with the timing.

With my supplier - you can extend the loan period for a further 5 years - then the final payment is zero.

No payments after you have paid the initial 12 months either.
All good.

OP
OP
cycledreams

cycledreams

Regular
@Twilkes it's certainly worth going with the 4-year plan over the 1-year plan.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-24 at 09.11.49.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-24 at 09.11.49.png
    128.5 KB · Views: 14
OP
OP
cycledreams

cycledreams

Regular
That's because the OP has used clip-ons rather than "proper" mudguards, despite having the mounts for proper ones.

They look nice bikes though, and they have nice bright colour schemes for those that like that sort of thing.
The guy in my LBS said the lightweight rack I'm using means I need to use these 'race blade' guards instead of full guards... I cycled in the rain earlier this week and didn't get wet, no problems so far.

T4tomo

Guru
The guy in my LBS said the lightweight rack I'm using means I need to use these 'race blade' guards instead of full guards... I cycled in the rain earlier this week and didn't get wet, no problems so far.
fair enough, sounds/looks like it has only one mounting point near rear axle

although (possibly needing a longer bolt) pretty sure you could use the mount for both mudguard & rack but need the adapter / rack that mounts to the rear stays as shown in blue.

1645700983291.png

OP
OP
cycledreams

cycledreams

Regular
fair enough, sounds/looks like it has only one mounting point near rear axle

although (possibly needing a longer bolt) pretty sure you could use the mount for both mudguard & rack but need the adapter / rack that mounts to the rear stays as shown in blue.

View attachment 632498
Thanks, I'll have a chat with the shop about this when I go back there to repay via C2W

Sallar55

Veteran
Have one with Ekar groupset, only issue was the weight limit for the rack. 5kg. Easy way to up the carrying capacity was using a long QR skewer .
The bolt thro axle is hollow and change the seat clamp for one that has the fixings for rack.
Nice bikes but the sizing was an issue due to the frame geometry. The rear tyre has a soft compound but if you need grip it s the price you have to pay.

Sallar55

Veteran
Edit. Have they started to fit bottle bosses to the fork?

Top Bottom