New Bike: Orro Terra G 105/FSA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cycledreams

Regular
After two months of research I've landed on the Orro Terra G 105/FSA. I almost bought the following bikes along the way:

Trek FX3
Triban RC520
Boardman SLR 8.8

The Orro is certainly more expensive, at £1300 +£200 accessories. However, I save £500 on Cyclescheme and will take a salary sacrifice of £93/month for the next year, which seems incredibly reasonable. I've been for one short cycle and am thrilled with the bike. It is slightly more upright than my 2010 Specialized Allez but is very nimble and stable. The build is good quality and its great to have 105 shifters. Overall very pleased and recommend this bike. I'm planning on some club rides, if anyone has recommendations for groups around Hackney/East London, please let me know.

Thanks for everyone who offered advice along the way.

Attachments

• tempImageoMsQpF.png
    tempImageoMsQpF.png
    345.8 KB · Views: 88
  • tempImagejSVvga.png
    tempImagejSVvga.png
    331.7 KB · Views: 89

Twilkes

Guru
What's the 'final payment' on cycle to work bikes these days? I remember when I looked into it a while ago, with 20% tax rebate and the final payment it really wasn't worth it but I think I was just unlucky with the timing.

Twilkes

Guru
Looks good.
Mudguards look a bit wierd but we need full sweeps here because of the salt in the rain

It does look like a great bike, not jelly at all. ;) I hadn't noticed the mudguards though - the short rear one is primed to spray gunk all over the front mech area so I would be careful with that, although it may be that once up to speed any of the spray gets blown away to the side before it can travel further down.

OP
OP
cycledreams

cycledreams

Regular
Good choice!

I hope you have as much pleasure from it as I get from mine.

View attachment 631875
Thanks! I'm joining a 60-mile club ride this Sunday. Can't wait.

OP
OP
cycledreams

cycledreams

Regular
It does look like a great bike, not jelly at all. ;) I hadn't noticed the mudguards though - the short rear one is primed to spray gunk all over the front mech area so I would be careful with that, although it may be that once up to speed any of the spray gets blown away to the side before it can travel further down.
I hadn't thought about that, these ones are very light and fit with the rack. I'll see how it goes! Thanks

OP
OP
cycledreams

cycledreams

Regular
What's the 'final payment' on cycle to work bikes these days? I remember when I looked into it a while ago, with 20% tax rebate and the final payment it really wasn't worth it but I think I was just unlucky with the timing.
I'm not sure, perhaps someone else will be able to answer this! Thanks

rivers

How far can I go?
Most schemes have some sort of "extended hire period" for something like 4-5 years, where you pay a nominal fee (£1 for GCI), and it you don't officially "own" the bike for a few more years.

Top Bottom