New bike Pic, commuteresied

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nice.:becool:

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Lot better to ride not had chance to ride since i put on shorter stem , it was a bit of a stretch and could feel it on back but a lot easier to ride, carbon forks have taken the buzz off the roads for sure.

I have the Carrera model down from that one, the Virtuoso, and what I wouldn't give for carbon forks sometimes. When stiff is just too stiff and your fillings work their way out on the rough tarmac.

Looking good that one!

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

"I have the Carrera model down from that one, the Virtuoso, and what I wouldn't give for carbon forks sometimes. When stiff is just too stiff and your fillings work their way out on the rough tarmac.

Looking good that one!"

Yes i have a TDF 02 and that was harsh.
had to put gel pads on the handle bars.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I'd be slightly worried about anything on the rack blocking the rear light, but that's not so much of a concern now most of us are travelling in daylight, I guess!

Looks very practical!

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

the panniers have a clip on light and just ordered this..

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=29392

29392.jpg

LargeImage.aspx

martint235

Dog on a bike
Hi,

How much weight will the rack take? I've got a Giant SCR A1 that is nearly all carbon including a carbon seatpost but I'd love to be able to use panniers rather than a rucksack.

Ta

M

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Never EVER clamp anything onto a carbon fiber part unless it is another carbon fiber part. This includes clamping it into a workstand using the seat post.

Carbon fiber crushes when force is applied and will fail immediately.
Source(s):

27 years in the industry

Quoted from yahoo answers, i think you cannot apply force in a direction it is not designed for.
And its rated for 22 llbs(10 kg)

Interesting on what people have said on a seat post rack, i might hang on to my standard rack just in case.

Maybe look at a saddle bag?

Top Bottom