New Bike Time - a healthy budget of £2500-£3500 maybe even £4000 for the right bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

junkie_ball

Ok so i have been looking at upgrading my specialized tri-cross which is now 3 years old. Been looking for a excuse and having just bagged a place in ride London its the perfect time to make the purchase.

I have a few wants but am open to any make or model and wanted your fine folks opinions. The wants is an electronic group set, carbon, and ideally disc brakes (not a must but am used to them). Thinking a healthy budget of £2500-£3500 may £4000 for the ride bike although cheaper the better.

vickster

Legendary Member
I'd go to a high end retailer like Sigma Sport or Pearsons (or similar if not in London) , see what they have, get their advice

There are a number of similar threads around, eg

https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/ktm-revelator-sky-di2.194089/post-4148482

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
The London bike show is this weekend, might be able to get some ideas, see bikes from some more unusual manufacturers, or the overseas guys like Rose

huwsparky

Über Member
If your willing to travel to Wiltshire to their UK HQ you could ride one also. If VFM is paramount then look no further. They had the bike I linked above at the bike show in the NEC so there's a fair chance it'll be in London also.

OP
OP
junkie_ball

junkie_ball

If your willing to travel to Wiltshire to their UK HQ you could ride one also. If VFM is paramount then look no further. They had the bike I linked above at the bike show in the NEC so there's a fair chance it'll be in London also.

Thats interesting as i'm only about a 15 minute drive from their base in Westbury, may put this on on the list. Thanks for the heads up

russ.will

Slimboy Fat
I must say, having had a fiddle with and a good look at a CDX on the Rose stand yesterday, they are very, very nice looking and very well finished bikes.

Ok so i have been looking at upgrading my specialized tri-cross which is now 3 years old. Been looking for a excuse and having just bagged a place in ride London its the perfect time to make the purchase.

I have a few wants but am open to any make or model and wanted your fine folks opinions. The wants is an electronic group set, carbon, and ideally disc brakes (not a must but am used to them). Thinking a healthy budget of £2500-£3500 may £4000 for the ride bike although cheaper the better.
A bit left field, but I went through a very similar process recently and bought a KTM Revelator Sky Black Di2 - have a look in this thread with the piccies on page 3.

I am absolutely loving it and it's very similar in many ways to the Rose, especially in terms of finishing kit. The only real differences in basic terms are that the KTM is Di2 specific, so there are no cable hole blanking plugs, but the Rose has nicer bars.

Had I bought the Rose, I'm sure I would have been equally happy.

Russell

Last edited:
OP
OP
junkie_ball

junkie_ball

Thanks for the replies i have now test rode a few and for me the Cannonade Synapse carbon disc ultregia di2 has won. It just fits my riding style and felt great. So a little off topic here. It goes without say my bike will be travelling to events inside the car but there will be times this is just not possible meaning it will need to go on a rack. I've heard many horror stories about carbon bikes and racks. My current rack is a thule roof mounted that clamps to the frame. I'm not overly keen on that idea although my local bike shop said he wouldn't see a problem as long as i protect the frame from marking and not over tighten the clamp.

Still i'm not sure and have come across this what are peoples thought on this style rack with a carbon frame???

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=352Sc6mJ3C8

Last edited:
but may not be here in time for the London Ride, (and for that reason Canyon as well).

At that level of spending I would want some really good customer care. If you are in NW London I can recommend a shop that sells high stuff, but as stated above Pearsons, Condor etc all good places to start looking for something- not sure if they do carbon.

My wishlist for carbon would be in no particular order (and very limited knowledge)
1. Domane (because its clever)
2. Cervelo - because they are beautiful
3 Parlee - not sure why but I like the sound of them.

I think the layup of the material and the time of carbon is really important. I would also fancy disc wheels as they you are run whatever fancy carbon rims you want etc.

Oh yeah and that KTM is sweet and in budget

Top Bottom