New bike - Verenti content....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zimbob

Über Member
One of these arrived today :hyper:

Verenti-Substance-II-Apex-100.jpg

It's a Verenti Substance II Apex1

Not the most flattering pic, it's pinched from t'internet, but you get the idea... It's well-specced, flat-mount hydro-discs, 1x11 gears, tubeless ready et cetera... Steel framed too, so that makes me happy!

Super-excited to get out on it this weekend, on/off-road adventures await :becool:

I've been dipping a toe in the Gravel Bike world lately with an elderly CB I've half-assedly converted, and it's a whole lot of fun, as well as being well-suited to my neck of the woods....

Apparently Verenti are Wiggles in-house brand, never heard of them before this popped up on my radar, does anyone here have any experience of them?​

BianchiVirgin

Über Member
That looks very smart. Enjoy.

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
That’s a lovely looking bike indeed, great spec too! That locking clutch on the rear derailleur is handy when removing the rear wheel - so easy and minimum mess!

Just sent a link to a mate, exactly what he’s after. I’m going to take his temperature if he doesn’t order one!

DRM

Guru

View attachment 399254

Not the most flattering pic, it's pinched from t'internet, but you get the idea... It's well-specced, flat-mount hydro-discs, 1x11 gears, tubeless ready et cetera... Steel framed too, so that makes me happy!

Super-excited to get out on it this weekend, on/off-road adventures await :becool:

I've been dipping a toe in the Gravel Bike world lately with an elderly CB I've half-assedly converted, and it's a whole lot of fun, as well as being well-suited to my neck of the woods....

Apparently Verenti are Wiggles in-house brand, never heard of them before this popped up on my radar, does anyone here have any experience of them?​
I've got the 2016 Verenti Technique Sora road bike for winter, they are Wiggles in-house brand, and I'm well pleased with mine, I really can't fault it for what it cost, it's blinged up a bit now with Shimano WH501 wheels, Deda Elementi handlebars & stem along with a Selle Italia Saddle, but it's a really nice bike.

Hopey

Got a Verenti substance Sora 2016 model. Can do 50 mile road rides or hammer it about off road. Seem to be great value bikes.

koulis1984

View attachment 399254

Hey any more feedback on this I am seriously thinking of getting one ...

Seems to be ticking all the right boxes and at a killer price on CRC ~£860

OP
OP
Zimbob

Zimbob

Über Member
Hey any more feedback on this I am seriously thinking of getting one ...

Seems to be ticking all the right boxes and at a killer price on CRC ~£860

Aye, was out on it today, did 40k, a good mix of both road and off-road - I really rate this bike :smile: Does well on the road, comfy and a decent spread of gears, and it's great off-road too, confidence inspiring...

https://www.strava.com/activities/1471892368

I've done the same route as we did today previously on a Trek Cross-Rip Elite, and the Verenti was much more planted on the fast-ish off-road downhills, ann no slower on the road section. It's generally more comfortable too, I reckon the steel frame is the reason.

The standard saddle isn't the prettiest, but is comfier than I expected...

That's a good price - I'd be tempted by that, the spec. on this bike is very good for that sort of money :smile:

nickAKA

Über Member
IMG_20180214_105803_059.jpg
My substance on the road up to competa, weighs about 4kg more than my road bike but took me everywhere I wanted to go in comfort... Those flared bars though...

Last edited:
Top Bottom