New Bike.....Yay !!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WobblyBob

Had to tell someone my news.......I've just ordered a New Trek Domane 4.3 Road bike :smile:
I've only been cycling since July last year but found i got hooked straight away, i bought a Spesh Crosstrail not really knowing what kind of cycling i'd be doing initially but over time i've realised that i much prefer cycling on the road hence this purchase, i reckon between my 2 bikes i've just about got all bases covered.
Anyway i got a brilliant deal at my LBS so could'nt be more pleased, so much of a good deal i get the model up from the one i was interested in !!
Pick it up on Tuesday so really really really want this snow to b*##*r off :rolleyes:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Congrats! You're like my neighbour, bought his new bike last April and has lost pounds and pounds of weight and is now learning maintenance from me and plotting a new bike for 2013!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Glad to see you are back on the bike.

I'm no roadie, but that Trek looks like a smart piece of kit.

Good luck with the weight loss mentioned in your other threads, even though you've put some back on during your time in the wilderness.

Speaking from experience, avoiding the rebound factor is almost as hard as getting rid of the weight in the first place.

OP
OP
WobblyBob

WobblyBob

Glad to see you are back on the bike.

I'm no roadie, but that Trek looks like a smart piece of kit.

Good luck with the weight loss mentioned in your other threads, even though you've put some back on during your time in the wilderness.

Speaking from experience, avoiding the rebound factor is almost as hard as getting rid of the weight in the first place.

Thanks 'Pale Rider', i can't wait to get out & get stuck into the training again as i find the lack of getting out coincides with me over eating/drinking for some reason, i think i feel more focused when i doing excersize & therefore feel more motivated to eat/drink correctly....if that makes sense.

Kies

Thanks 'Pale Rider', i can't wait to get out & get stuck into the training again as i find the lack of getting out coincides with me over eating/drinking for some reason, i think i feel more focused when i doing excersize & therefore feel more motivated to eat/drink correctly....if that makes sense.

Perfect sense ..... probably why most of us put weight on in the first place :sad:

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
...... i reckon between my 2 bikes i've just about got all bases covered.........

See, this is how it starts..... Give it another 12 months and you'll realise you need a winter trainer to keep the nice bikes nice through the winter. A hardtail mountain bike for mucking about on the moors/trails will then follow. Then it will be a fixed wheel bike, and a full sus bouncer for the downhill stuff that the hardtail cant cope with.......

Eventually you'll need a recumbent just because!

N+1 is a slippery slope, and you sir are doomed :headshake:

OP
OP
WobblyBob

WobblyBob

I saw that in the spec.

No idea what it is or does.

Basically the Seat/post is detatched from the frame & flexes to soak up all the lumps & bumps without losing any power generated & enabling you to remain in the saddle over the rough stuff, it was developed for the Trek race division....& as Biker Joe says, if its good enough for Cancellara then its definitely good enough for me :biggrin:

See, this is how it starts..... Give it another 12 months and you'll realise you need a winter trainer to keep the nice bikes nice through the winter. A hardtail mountain bike for mucking about on the moors/trails will then follow. Then it will be a fixed wheel bike, and a full sus bouncer for the downhill stuff that the hardtail cant cope with.......

Eventually you'll need a recumbent just because!

N+1 is a slippery slope, and you sir are doomed :headshake:

I had a very similar conversation with a good friend of mine yesterday who has been cycling (to a good level) for a lot of years & who has many £££££'s worth of 2 wheeled machinery in his garage ha ha....but i'm definitely not as mad as him....arguably :wacko:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Basically the Seat/post is detatched from the frame & flexes to soak up all the lumps & bumps without losing any power generated & enabling you to remain in the saddle over the rough stuff, it was developed for the Trek race division....& as Biker Joe says, if its good enough for Cancellara then its definitely good enough for me :biggrin:

Nah, you won't like it. It's not for you, you'll get bored. Look, I'll do you a favour, I'll take the bike off your hands now, and save you all the heartache. No. Don't thank me, I'm a fool to me'sen.

I had a very similar conversation with a good friend of mine yesterday who has been cycling (to a good level) for a lot of years & who has many £££££'s worth of 2 wheeled machinery in his garage ha ha....but i'm definitely not as mad as him....arguably :wacko:

Top Bottom