New Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blomoff

Hi,

Im considering getting a new bike, so after a bit of advice...

Ive wanted a zesty 314 for a while now and well tempted to get it, founf it online earlier for £1840 which is a pretty good deal.

Then on the off chance i came across this...
http://www.canyon.com/_uk/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=2564

Which at £1580 seems like a very good deal.

Just wondering what peoples opinions are.

Thanks

Bobario

Veteran
The canyons have a very good spec for the money and people who have them rate them highly, but i've never ridden one so cant give you an opinion of what they ride like.

I do however have a 314 Zesty which I love to bits. Its brilliant fun and will handle everything except the roughest downhill stuff. It even climbs much better than I thought it would, at least as well as my Cube hardtail maybe even a bit better. The only downside is the quirky French design makes it a bit of a challenge to fettle at times, the gears especially are a bit fiddly to get just right.

Personally I didn't consider the Canyons over a Zesty, but I've since seen this on the web and I recon if I had to make the choice again it would be a little harder:

http://www.yt-industries.com/shop/i...o=212&x93ce4=ai1s3k7nfdk4d6ac4um7qqn4p0uk2a56

The frame is an almost exact copy of the frame on the Zesty, just with different components for a lot cheaper. Just make sure you have the forks the right way round if you get one, as the ones in the photo appear to be facing backwards.

Cubist

Still wavin'
I bought a secondhand Nerve AM frame and built myself a bike round it. It's incredible, very fast, and confidence inspiring. The head angle is quoted as a bit steep, but I come from a 70/71 degree XC bike onto the 68.5 deg Canyon, so find it's no issue for me.

It climbs well, and descends very very well.
You simply won't find a better equipped bike for the money, and those that have them say the customer service for UK customers is absolutely bang on.

If I were in your position I would be clicking on the Canyon "buy it now" button. The Zesty is OK, but looks plain in terms of kit........

Top Bottom