New bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Jon George

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
jon George spotted leaving the bike shop

View attachment 690704
Me, a few years ago.
Jon is so noble 001.JPG

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Confirmed: You're forty years too late for that bike ^_^

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I've just seen the list price for the frame alone from the manufacturer :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:
That's either decent bequest or a decent reduction - either way congratulations on the purchase and enjoy. Just out of interest, what's the gearing fitted and what are you changing it to (chainring/sprocket tooth count please as I don't do gear inches)?

OP
OP
Jon George

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
I've just seen the list price for the frame alone from the manufacturer :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:
That's either decent bequest or a decent reduction - either way congratulations on the purchase and enjoy. Just out of interest, what's the gearing fitted and what are you changing it to (chainring/sprocket tooth count please as I don't do gear inches)?

They were both decent!
It came geared 48/17, which is a bit too much for me (the fixed gear I put together myself has the equivalent of 42/17), so I've ordered a 19 tooth sprocket. I'll also get some tan-wall tyres :becool:and transfer these new ones to my day-bike.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I'm still laughing at this! ^_^

Another thing you will have to do is learn the lingo.

I can't help much there, although I understand one popular phrase is 'send it', referring to an audacious - or bloody stupid - manoeuvre.

The bike is already pretty cool in not having a rear brake, but you will also need to remove the front one, after posting about your plans on social media to heighten the tension.

Top Bottom