New Bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Nearly there

Nearly there

Veteran
SDC11526.JPG
SDC11530.JPG
SDC11531.JPG
SDC11529.JPG
SDC11532.JPG
SDC11538.JPG
SDC11541.JPG
SDC11545.JPG

OP
OP
Nearly there

Nearly there

Veteran
Had a quick spin with the strapped pedals that came supplies one word Awful so taking the strapping off as I nearly went down when I had to stop at a junction struggled getting my feet out but managed just in time :laugh: gonna use the flats til I get used to the shifters.As for the bike itself Love It so far(10 minutes round the block:whistle:)feels so light compared to my Mtb and boy does it move.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Beautiful bike.. this was what I would have looked at if I had not been able to get the Defy 2, but my local dealer is Giant.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Seems a pity to take it out on the road and get its first dishing of dirt on it!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Sweet!
I nearly bought a synapse last year, it made the shortlist but my bike came with sram apex which gives me the ability to run a "get up a cliff " cassette if i want.I think apex comes between tiagra and 105 in the quality stakes from what i have read.
I also run shimano m 520`s on all my bikes as i have a fair walk when i getto work and its easier to just run 1 system, on group rides i do not feel like i am at a disadvantage and Obree even says he likes them in a recent bike mag.
Hows the ride? it looks mint ^_^

OP
OP
Nearly there

Nearly there

Veteran
Hows the ride? it looks mint ^_^
Coming from riding a Mtb the first thing I noticed Is how light It Is,I put the strapped pedals on that came with It but couldnt get on with them so took the straps and cages off leaving a decent flat pedal.Ive only done 12 miles on it so far getting used to the shifting but boy does It fly I actually feel like Im getting somewhere now I can feel the power with every stroke,the shiftings smooth and the compact system has served me well on climbs so far in fact It climbs better than my Mtb I seem to float up hills.Ive ordered some 520's just need to choose some decent shoes too.

Top Bottom