New Boardman CX Team 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theloafer

Legendary Member
brenda 003.jpg
hi paulusat800
check my post on page three you dont need the disc specific model as the brake is in a senseable place ...:laugh: so it is not in the way mudguards on mine are these http://road.cc/content/review/2716-tortec-reflector-mudguards have the super tourist rack (had ordered the explorer)+

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KxUQ-Ep4X8w

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Does anyone find the shifting at the levers heavy? Moving the double tap lever to the left feels quite stiff, it all works ok though. I have Apex on my road Boardman and the shifting is far lighter, the difference is that the shifters are Rival and the gear cables run exposed for most of the length, the CX gear cables are enclosed all the way. Do you think that the outers are compressing a bit?

You are correct, I've just popped the head off the left hand gear change cable, so I'll have to replace that. Testing the front derailleur (without cable attached) I find the spring tension to be too strong really, it takes some force to the shift the mech over, pushing with thumbs alone.

Maybe once it's been run in the spring tension will reduce (fingers crossed)

OP
OP
tincaman

tincaman

Guru
Does anyone find the shifting at the levers heavy? Moving the double tap lever to the left feels quite stiff, it all works ok though. I have Apex on my road Boardman and the shifting is far lighter, the difference is that the shifters are Rival and the gear cables run exposed for most of the length, the CX gear cables are enclosed all the way. Do you think that the outers are compressing a bit?

This is not quite correct, the brakes are enclosed but the gear cables are not. However I disconnected the rear mech and the action of the shifters is fine

Andrew_P

In between here and there
Anyone else had any problems with their headset? I was having some weird feedback when riding tried it with brake on and thers was not any slack. Stand at the front and pull bars and wobbly. I need to get it to LBS as it looks like you need a compression tool to seat the sealed bearing properly :-(

OP
OP
tincaman

tincaman

Guru
Just some updates:

Fitted new BB7,s much easier to setup and adjust these than the BB5,s

IMAG0586.jpg

IMAG0587.jpg

IMAG0590.jpg

New rack, bag with panniers

IMAG0588.jpg

IMAG0589.jpg

New Rival front mech to replace the Microshift OEM

IMAG0593.jpg

Front lights including a new C8 XML torch, both with diffusing tape fitted on the glass lens

IMAG0591.jpg

IMAG0592.jpg

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Your brake adjusters, where did you buy them from?

Dario Hache

Glad to see this review. I'm investigating the Boardman Road Team CX from here in Texas and trying to get a better idea of its geometry before I commit to ordering it. The website has the basics, but I'm looking also for the wheelbase and standover dimensions (for a "large" frame size -- what is the cm equivalent by the way? -- their sizing guide is also a bit cryptic besides trying to be helpful).

I've tried a few CX bikes, but several have a high top tube making dismounting awkward (and for good reasons, naturally, some have a more traditional geometry instead of compact, sometimes it seems the high BB makes everything taller, etc.),

I'm interested to know the wheelbase also to understand how spread out it is. It has a fairly steep head tube angle. I imagine the steering is closer to road bikes than touring or hybrid. Is that right?

Any thoughts? Can anyone breakout their tape measure and tell me what you find out about WB and SO measures? I've emailed "wiggle.com"s customer service (apparently the exclusive distributor overseas), but no answer yet.

Thanks!

theloafer

Legendary Member
Glad to see this review. I'm investigating the Boardman Road Team CX from here in Texas and trying to get a better idea of its geometry before I commit to ordering it. The website has the basics, but I'm looking also for the wheelbase and standover dimensions (for a "large" frame size -- what is the cm equivalent by the way? -- their sizing guide is also a bit cryptic besides trying to be helpful).

I've tried a few CX bikes, but several have a high top tube making dismounting awkward (and for good reasons, naturally, some have a more traditional geometry instead of compact, sometimes it seems the high BB makes everything taller, etc.),

I'm interested to know the wheelbase also to understand how spread out it is. It has a fairly steep head tube angle. I imagine the steering is closer to road bikes than touring or hybrid. Is that right?

Any thoughts? Can anyone breakout their tape measure and tell me what you find out about WB and SO measures? I've emailed "wiggle.com"s customer service (apparently the exclusive distributor overseas), but no answer yet.

Thanks!

hi this might be of help dario...:thumbsup: http://www.boardmanbikes.com/cx/cx_team.html
i am really loving mine ^_^

Dario Hache

Thanks for the link! I think that's the chart I had found previously. If only it had the wheelbase and standover measures too.

Maybe there is a way to calculate it from these other figures (anybody know?), but I'd feel better about a measurement before ordering sight unseen.

jamin100

Guru
@tincaman - can you tell me what rack and bag that is please in the latest pic?
Im thinking about getting the Topeak MTX rack and bag for my boardman hybrid but want to weigh up some other options first

Top Bottom