New Boardman CX Team 2011

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

surreycyclist

Thanks for the Welcome Norman and Loafer.
Just been for a ride on my newest bike and guess what.... puncture first ride. :sad:
Now researching puncture protection or new tyres.
I have hardshells on my racer for winter riding and training but looking for a simple solution for 35s which are most resistant but can go trail riding on too.
Any suggestions gratefully received.

phil mahony

The mudguards are the Chromoplastics P45. The rack is the Super Tourist DX. Not sure if it was disc specific or not.
Hi Darren,

I have just purchased a medium sized board man cx team. Like yourself I have fitted p45 and a topeak rack. However I am struggling to get the front mudguard looking correct. Did you have to tinker with the fixing that screws into the fork bridge in order to lower the fender. Also, for some reason my Topeak rack will not sit symmetrically and is biased to one side. I have checked wheel alignment and all seems ok. Did you have any issues with fitting your mudguards and rack etc.

Phil

OP
OP
tincaman

tincaman

Guru
The horn can be really usefull, until yesterday it wasnt used for about a month, then got used 4 times in one trip, motorists and peds.

Summyone

New budget rack and bag from Ebay, £31.75 total

IMAG0526.jpg

IMAG0525.jpg

IMAG0523.jpg
I've just got the Cx team fitted with the sks p45 mudguards, can you let me know the brand name of this rack/bag combo please? I can't quite make it out from the photo.

mrBishboshed

I am off to get measured for a CX Team today at Halfords in Chelmsford. (I have finally got my boss to join the CTW scheme.)
I hope i dont need a medium as i have been told Halfords dont have any in stock at the moment. I was tempted by the Specialized Tri Cross but the spec on the Boardman takes some beating on a sub £1000 bike. Your posts have been most helpful. Thanks. :thumbsup:

mrBishboshed

Oh dear, i need a medium but i have been reassured that they can get the stock from other stores. I was not very impressed with the fitting service at Halford's.:huh: It comprised of one of their staff having a look at me sat on the bike and saying "Yeh, That one is ok, can you see the front hub behind the bars?" No measuring of angles ect... and they wouldn't even fit pedals to it for me to see what it felt like. Is this normal?
I know if i had a customer wanting to spend a grand with me i would at least make sure they left satisfied with the service.

In Halford's defense they have always been very helpful and friendly when i got the kids their bikes and a few replacement parts for my Carrera Crossfire hybrid. Maybe i am being a bit touchy cos i am spending such a large sum on what my wife refers to as just a bike.

Still, i am very happy with the bike and cant wait to get it all sorted out. I had best start saving for all the extras i will no doubt want.

Top Bottom