New Boardman Pro Flat Bar Road Bike!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bauldbairn

New Boardman Pro Flat Bar Road Bike!!!!!!

There wasn't many bikes that fitted my requirements. Basically it started off with a Canondale Badboy 700c and ended up as a Boardman Pro.

I wanted a flat bar road bike with hydraulic disc brakes and there weren't that many to choose from. Although I did look at the Genesis "Croix de Fer" as an option with cable operated discs and drops along with the Revolution Explorer and Kona Dew/Drop.

I've had the bike for three weeks now and have clocked up 300+ miles so far. I'm still pleased with it and quite surprised how good the Maxxis Detonator tyres are - I'd already lined up a set of Continental Gatorskins as replacements. The set up from Halfords was reasonable - although I did have to tighten the front wheel quick release and adjust the rear derailler slightly, nothing major.

DSC00077.JPG DSC00078.JPG DSC00080.JPG DSC00081.JPG DSC00084.JPG DSC00087.JPG
Looking forward to clocking up some serious miles on it in the summer months. :biggrin:

More pics available in profile Album if anyone's interested. Here - http://www.cyclechat...mber.php?u=9369

JiMBR

Very nice...gratz!

OP
OP
bauldbairn

bauldbairn

Guvnor said:
Enjoy, very nice!! Had mine since october last year and still cant fault it!

Thanks - I've had it about five weeks now and I'm still tinkering around with the seat/bar heights for maximum comfort. :biggrin:

Never had SRAM(X9) mechs before but I'm quite impressed by them and I love the Elixir R Discs - especially in the rain. :biggrin:

e-rider

crappy member
Looks good. Boardman bikes were in a difficult situation when they decided to put their bikes only in Halfords stores. Do it and lose 'street cred'; don't do it and spend years or even decades building the brand name and sales.

I hear that once the contract is up, you'll be able to buy boardman bikes in other shops too.

Mark_Robson

Lovely bike. That's what I fancy next. :blush:

OP
OP
bauldbairn

bauldbairn

tundragumski said:
Looks good. Boardman bikes were in a difficult situation when they decided to put their bikes only in Halfords stores. Do it and lose 'street cred'; don't do it and spend years or even decades building the brand name and sales.

I hear that once the contract is up, you'll be able to buy boardman bikes in other shops too.

Thanks tundragumski! :blush:

I had discussions on here before I bought it - as obviously a bad Halfords service would put anybody off. That was the only negative about it - fortunately the Halfords in Falkirk is manned by cyclists(who were thoroughly nice young chaps). :wacko:

I think if/once Boardman break free from Halfords they've got a pretty strong brand image now - and a healthy demand for their bikes. :wacko:

OP
OP
bauldbairn

bauldbairn

Mark_Robson said:
Lovely bike. That's what I fancy next. :smile:

Thanks Mark - go for it, there are quite a few Boardman Pro owners on here. :wacko:

We could start an owners club to rival IanRauk and Norm's "The Cult of Secteur OC" :wacko: - :blush:

OP
OP
bauldbairn

bauldbairn

l4dva said:
Nice bike! I like the colour...

I picked up my team carbon about 2/3 weeks ago and absolutely love it!

Thanks l4dva - it's a weird pearlescent white!!! :blush:

The carbons are nice too! The Halfords in Stirling had one ex demo with a £100 off. I might be tempted to get one next year - the Falkirk Halfords had a Carbon LTD(white) for sale. I think a member of staff ordered it on C2W - then left.

Top Bottom