New-born's name dilemma.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty swollocks

large member
Some friends of mine have just had their first child - a little boy.
They are both beautiful, gentle people who bring great joy to all who are fortunate to know them and being hippy-ish, an unusual name was on the cards.
On googling the name they chose, the first entry I find is the name given to the world's first smart bomb, used against the Japanese in the closing stages of WW2.
The babe is only a couple of days old, so it's not too late to change his name. Should I advise them of my find?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nope - shut your gob......... unfortunately !

jonesy

Guru
I'n curious- what is the name? WW2 bombs had names like Tallboy, Grand Slam, Cookie... scarcely the sort of thing a hippy would go for!

I don't think you can really say anything and the chances are if you brought it up, they'd have just come back from registration. Apparently Azon stands for AZimuth ONly (wiki). I suppose if you know them very well...

dudi

haha, my surname is Hazon... and where my mum comes from no one ever pronounces their "H"s properly... so we've been the 'azon smart bomb family for years and years by the sound of it!

to be honest, Betty... the likelihood of anyone knowing that Azon is the name given to a smart bomb is so remote I doubt the little cherub will ever find out, let alone be teased about it...

OP
OP
betty swollocks

betty swollocks

large member
dudi said:
haha, my surname is Hazon... and where my mum comes from no one ever pronounces their "H"s properly... so we've been the 'azon smart bomb family for years and years by the sound of it!

to be honest, Betty... the likelihood of anyone knowing that Azon is the name given to a smart bomb is so remote I doubt the little cherub will ever find out, let alone be teased about it...
:smile:

Yes, but I've googled it and doubtless other friends of theirs will too. Mum and Dad will find out sooner or later and will realise that none of their friends apprised them!

dudi said:

Sooner or later most people look up the meaning of their name...:smile:

Top Bottom