New Brompton Electric Basket Bag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I have one of those bags. But not the electric style. It is my least used bag and is pretty useless in the rain. I would not use it for a battery pack.

berlinonaut

Veteran
I consider the basket to be very useful. It is not my most frequently used bag but for shopping it is unbeaten. Using the Brompton as a shopping cart in the supermarket is incomplete w/o the basket. It takes loads. In the rain you can simply put the rain cover from one of the other Brompton bags on top of it - also helps with overfilling and not loosing anything when riding home from the supermarket.
Plus it takes a folded Burley travoy trailer flawlessly - so perfect if you go to pick up something with an empty trailer. Not sure if the battery leaves enough space to do this on the electric as well.

For the electric until now there has only been the small bag with no extra space and the in my eyes very ugly office bag. So the basket is a very welcome and flexible addition as you can simply throw the bag of your choice in.

What issues would you have regarding the battery? It is nor more exposed than with any other bag. And furthermore: What's your solution? The position of the battery is fixed on the Electric. Whatever problem you see regarding the battery with the folding basket: You will have the exact same problem with any other bag.

OP
OP
Tenkaykev

Tenkaykev

Guru
I consider the basket to be very useful. It is not my most frequently used bag but for shopping it is unbeaten. Using the Brompton as a shopping cart in the supermarket is incomplete w/o the basket. It takes loads. In the rain you can simply put the rain cover from one of the other Brompton bags on top of it - also helps with overfilling and not loosing anything when riding home from the supermarket.
Plus it takes a folded Burley travoy trailer flawlessly - so perfect if you go to pick up something with an empty trailer. Not sure if the battery leaves enough space to do this on the electric as well.

For the electric until now there has only been the small bag with no extra space and the in my eyes very ugly office bag. So the basket is a very welcome and flexible addition as you can simply throw the bag of your choice in.

What issues would you have regarding the battery? It is nor more exposed than with any other bag. And furthermore: What's your solution? The position of the battery is fixed on the Electric. Whatever problem you see regarding the battery with the folding basket: You will have the exact same problem with any other bag.

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the new bag. The basket bag is my most used, I use one of the elasticated rucksack covers from one of my Deuter backpacks. It’s a matter of moments to stretch it over the bag ( it also has a reflective logo )
I like the way it self closes when you lift it by the shoulder strap.
Can’t see rain being a problem, all electric bikes have batteries mounted in various positions. The Brompton has a captive rubber plug over the charging port.

Top Bottom