"new" brompton shoulder bag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
https://bromptonjunction.com/shop/brompton-shoulder-bag-black/

so got one of these for my birthday, so though I would share some thought on it.

it shares duties with a traditional S bag, but got this one as its smaller and neater, plus looks more like regular luggage / briefcase -esque for work meetings etc.

Sizewise its ideal for compact laptop, I can fit that, an ipad a note book, rolled up shirt and glasses case etc in no problem. it doesn't have any outside pockets (bar the oyster car bit on the bottom), just two equi sized internal ones, so whilst the external pockets on the Sbag I find handy, you sacrifice those for the smarter professional look. you can clip a pen on the inside easily though for handy access for doing crosswords / Sudoku on the train!

good/great bits:
The carry strap is a typical awesome bit of Brompton design, with one clip it tucks out of the way for whilst on bike, but then is instandly there for slinging it over your shoulder, unlike S type etc where the strap is either in the way / flapping around, or tucked inside and inaccessible for carrying.
internal zip and the external leather fastner are both really good.

negatives / could do betters:
despite the overall smart look, they could have done with hiding the bottom of the frame a bit. I can see why some fabric over it couldn't have been used, but that's a minor point.
The clip is a bit reluctant to release at the moment, it takes a bit of a tug, but I think that will ease off with more use, my Sbag is much better in this respect, so I think its just newness.

Top Bottom