New Brompton!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Just ordered a Brompton for my wife - although I am sure I'll be using it on those trips to London etc. M6L in Turkish Green. Mmm mmm. :tongue:

I know it's not interesting - I am just happy at the moment! :biggrin:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
That's true love that is.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
Bromptons are great. I sold mine when I started working from home a year ago, then recently got a contract that means working on client premises so bought another one. I'm going to hang onto this one - I'd forgotten just how handy it is having a 'take anywhere' bike.

Ben

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Bromptons are also a beautiful example of the best of industrial design and still made in England - which is in itself unusual these days. It is simply the best everyday folding bike there is.

Bonj - the amount you understand about any of these subjects could probably fit onto a postage stamp - so why don't you just try not bothering posting your utterly worthless opinion in threads about things you just don't get?

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Flying_Monkey said:
- although I am sure I'll be using it on those trips to London etc.

That's one of many handy things about having a Brompton, once there's one in the household pretty much anyone can use it.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I had a go on some Bromptons today. I liked the titanium one, looked pretty cool aswell. It rode not too bad, nothing like my racer but it was still nice.
I also had a go on a Mezzo, which i hated. I think it would of needed more setting up to suit me more, but i didnt like the ride it gave.
Brompton much better i think.
If only they weren't so expensive, i would have one for commuting on and general getting around. Lovely looking bikes. Just needs drop handlebars though.:sad:

bonj2

Flying_Monkey said:
Bromptons are also a beautiful example of the best of industrial design and still made in England - which is in itself unusual these days. It is simply the best everyday folding bike there is.

Bonj - the amount you understand about any of these subjects could probably fit onto a postage stamp - so why don't you just try not bothering posting your utterly worthless opinion in threads about things you just don't get?

:biggrin: *indignance*
How makes you think i didn't mean "what good thing did she do to deserve that?"

WheelieG

I love my Brompton, it sits in the hall next to the front door so it's always ready for action :biggrin: I just pull out the back wheel and we're ready to go.

I've got 3 other bikes but this is the one that gets used the most because I don't have to get it out of the shed or faff about wheeling it through the house. And those bags you can attach to the front are brill, I can stick a ton of shopping or parcels in there without affecting the balance .

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Bromptons are expensive, but ingenious, very useful, and still made in England. The only other cycles made in England, apart from custom made bikes, that I can think of are Pashleys and high end Orange mountain bikes.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Oh yeh. The thing i didnt like is i caught my shoe on the wheels on the rack. But that could be because i have big wide feet and wear wider 'skateboarding' style trainers.

Spandex you should ride the Titanium one, it looks better.
I'll give you 2 camels, a duck and a chicken for your Brompton:laugh:

Top Bottom