New Brompton!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Joe24 said:
Oh yeh. The thing i didnt like is i caught my shoe on the wheels on the rack. But that could be because i have big wide feet and wear wider 'skateboarding' style trainers.

Spandex you should ride the Titanium one, it looks better.
I'll give you 2 camels, a duck and a chicken for your Brompton:laugh:

The Titanium one is S$*t Ive tryed it and I dont think it is up to me riding it with my legs. 2 camels, a duck and a chicken for my Brompton? Why do I need a Brompton! When i have 20 at work I can use for free:biggrin:.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
spandex said:
The Titanium one is S$*t Ive tryed it and I dont think it is up to me riding it with my legs. 2 camels, a duck and a chicken for my Brompton? Why do I need a Brompton! When i have 20 at work I can use for free:biggrin:.

Ahhh but you could have 2 camels, a duck and a chicken. :tongue:
Which one is the best out of the Brompton range then?

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Cant you convert one to single speed?
Can you take them wheels off aswell, they didnt do anything good but catch my shoe and annoy me.

You can mount the transit wheels the other way round to gain some fat ankle clearance but you lose some stability when the bike is folded. Also, some folks fit in-line skate wheels to the frame (and rack if applicable) which allows the folded bike to roll really nicely.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I've just ordered an S3L in ivory. I do wonder about the heel clearance since I have large-ish feet and a fairly forward cleat position when using clipless - some people end up removing the castors to get round this, but that makes parking and folding rather difficult.

WheelieG said:
I love my Brompton, it sits in the hall next to the front door so it's always ready for action ;) I just pull out the back wheel and we're ready to go.

I tend to leave mine in the dropouts!

The Brompton "flick" once mastered is a fine example of posing!

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
I'd love a Brompton. I really would.:laugh:

I wanted one back in March when fellow commuter-owners told me how wonderful they were.
So I hired one for a couple of days, and was smitten by its sheer fun, vivacity and rideability.

The day after my hire completed I ordered a Brompton.

They told me there was an eight week wait.

That was back in April.

I'm still waiting.

They tell me this afternoon I still have 'a few weeks'.

I'd love a Brompton. I really would.:biggrin:

Is anyone else in here waiting for a Brompton?

Sympathies Charlie!

I didn't wait at all for mine (but that's because I decided I wanted one and then picked one from the ones that were in stock at the shop, rather than the '10 week' wait).

Unless you have your heart set on a particular colour &/or titanium bits or funny gearing, why don't you cancel the order and see if someone else has it in stock? The shop I bought mine from, for example, normally has about 10 of them in various 'standard' combos.

Evans Cycles also has a few 'in stock' for delivery. As mentioned elsewhere on the forum check that they're actually the 2009 model though.

calvjones

Joe24 said:
Cant you convert one to single speed?
Can you take them wheels off aswell, they didnt do anything good but catch my shoe and annoy me.

Take 'em off with a flathead screwdriver. Tres annoying, they are.

It stands up (folded) fine without them so only an issue if you have to carry/pull it a long way; and why would you?

calvjones

Cunobelin said:
I tend to leave mine in the dropouts!

The Brompton "flick" once mastered is a fine example of posing!

See my mistake was buying one to live under my desk at work. Now I need one for the house too...

Top Bottom