New calling card for close calls. Too far?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Erm, heat seeking missiles please - now get working on them. Pannier mounted. :tongue:

I believe this idea to be compromised by the plethora of heat sources in a target-rich environment. Modern urban traffic would present a densely packed group of potential targets, thus compromising the cyclist's chance of hitting and destroying the selected target. These systems work best where widely-spaced targets (armour, aircraft etc) offer significant heat signals in a sparsely populated environment.

I also have concerns about both blast and shrapnel injuries to persons and property not in the selected target set or outside the target vehicle.

There is also the worry that blast or shrapnel damage could be sustained by both the cyclist and his or her bicycle.

Further, I find that the firing of ballistic weapons (controlled or otherwise) on or close to the public highway is likely to result in the Police becoming involved. Criminal charges would seem likely and (in this litigious age) one cannot exclude the possibility of ShrapnelInjuryLawyers4U.com

For all the above reasons and several more I do not mention, I conclude that the proposal of cycle-mounted, heat-seeking missiles is not a serious one and has not properly been thought through.

I wonder, however, whether there isn't a case here for a limpet-type charge with a timer. I have a couple of patent applications lodged with the appropriate authorities.

I used to teach advanced level driving on a voluntary basis and one of the thoughts I would put to drivers was regarding speed limits (usually the 30mph limit). It would usually be after another session of them not obeying speed limits primarily the 30mph one.

The statement went "if you want the roads safer for your children, start by making your own driving safer becuase if you don't care about the safety of your own children, why should a complete stranger?"

Clearly I never applied it that way otherwise I would never have taken advanced level driving at 18 years old in the first place - more food for thought that anything else but the OP's card reminded me of it...

green1

Über Member
I also have concerns about both blast and shrapnel injuries to persons and property not in the selected target set or outside the target vehicle.

There is also the worry that blast or shrapnel damage could be sustained by both the cyclist and his or her bicycle.
Use shaped charges, that eliminates the problem.

cloggsy

Boardmanist
I like it. I may be in a crowd of one, but I'd use something like that.

Although my son's got Koala, not 'Mr Purple'.

On another note, why do children call their toys after the animal; we've got Koala, Big Bear (because he's BIG), little bear (because ...)

But sir, I do have to point out that in fact a Koala isn't a bear at all; it's a marsupial! :laugh:

jonny jeez

Legendary Member
I'm not really the confrontational type, and most of the time a motorists scares the bejebus out of me I focus on the 99.9999% of people on the road who aren't trying to end my life, and then enjoy the rest of my ride.

But on the very rare occasion that I feel the need to perhaps express the seriousness of a slice of dangerous driving that I am exposed to maybe I should catch up with, and leave one of these little cards I have designed with the driver.

View attachment 13323

I'm only half joking.
its the best I've seen. (well played)

but it will still be useless I'm afraid.

take Gaz's advice. Don't carry the incident around with you (unless you ant to develop some anger when climbing that big hill)

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Rubbish idea - for reason's Gaz said above. Sorry.

And you are certainly not the first to think of this.
Sonofthewind or Trafficdroid or what ever he calls himself these days uses cards to very little effect. Check out You Tube.
Off topic but I have to ask. Is that and the picture before actually you? Do you cover yourself in blue whatever from time to time? Obviously that's completely fine if you do I just wondered if it was you in the picture...It has just this very second occurred to me that it might be a sort of satirical dig at the film Avatar. Please to be explaining your pic.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
@Cyclopathic
no it's not me.. THIS explains Mr Blue.

I am just a humble Chelsea supporter - hence the Blue.
Oh, that explains things very well thank you. Except of course being a Chelsea supporter. I've never been there myself so I don't know what it's like.

subaqua

What’s the point
i had some cards made up from Vistaprint and kept them in my car. They were like a normal business card, with a small picture of a folded £20 note, and on the back it said

"hey mother******, thanks for parking like a complete *********. Next time why don't you leave me a tin opener so i can get into my f****** car. I've attached a £20 so you can buy yourself some f***** parking lesson. Have a nice day f****r"

they went down a storm

I just write C**t in the dirt on the door or backwards on the windscreen when that happens.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
its the best I've seen. (well played)

but it will still be useless I'm afraid.

take Gaz's advice. Don't carry the incident around with you (unless you ant to develop some anger when climbing that big hill)

It was a fleeting moment of muftyness, I wouldn't normally trouble myself with giving any headspace to such pillocks. I was taking a whazz at a gig once and some bloke was chatting to me at the next urinal, which I must confess I did think was a bit odd, and afterwards his mate caught up with me and said 'you do realise my mate was trying to start a fight with you?'. 'How curious' replied I.

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
I just write C**t in the dirt on the door or backwards on the windscreen when that happens.

I did that once to a car obstructing the pedestrian entrance to my local park. Well, sort of - I found it easier just to write TAWT across the windscreen... I know I would have got the N the wrong way round if I'd have gone for your suggestion. ^_^

Lawgiver-mkii.jpg

Lawgiver Mk II

Fires heat seekers that target a designated heat source such as the head of the "Perp"

100% accuracy when fired, as it will not be distracted by other heat sources when fixed.

Top Bottom