New calling card for close calls. Too far?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Close pass at normal place this morning and I was irritated,did have a go at the moron.Muppet..They talk about H+S all the time but they let cretins drive.Plus they do nothing about it,day in,day out.

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
You want gimbal mounts or just forward facing?

Like this?

CamelCanon.jpg

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
If it's an issue that you want to deal with, get a camera and report the dangerous passes to the police.
I find that with close passes of any nature, that they are not worth reporting. Just look at my months' compilations of close passes, none of them I reported to the police even though some of them quite rightly should have been.
If I do interact with a motorist over a close pass, it would have to be EXTREMELY close for me to say something. Then I would simply say "Can you give me more room please? You nearly knocked me off".

Unfortunately I dont have anything like Roadsafe up here in North Wales and the police have no interest in beginning a campaign (even though a page on their website would suffice).

Now, I will only report things when the driver gets out of the car or actually drives at me on purpose. Even then I have a very close call I would only upload it if I felt it necessary to educate other road users to how incidents evolve.

paulw1969

Ridley rider
[QUOTE 2075393, member: 45"]That's the most entertaining thing I've seen today!

Enhanced by the fact that you can see his reflection.[/quote]

+1

But unless its the camera and distorting the closeness.......that was not particularly close.......i must get passed closer than that on every commute:eek:

paulw1969

Ridley rider
On my way home tonight i did think at one point "i'm gonna catch up with that idiot and tell him exactly what he just did".........but i'm not quick enough........glad really....so i settled for fitering past a load of other drivers further on and going to the front of the queue at some roadworks with lonnngg phasing.......... and taking primary at the pinch point............but like the OP........... close passes do get you down at times.......and breathe.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I like it. I may be in a crowd of one, but I'd use something like that.

Although my son's got Koala, not 'Mr Purple'.

On another note, why do children call their toys after the animal; we've got Koala, Big Bear (because he's BIG), little bear (because ...), Rabbit, Donkey, etc. Or maybe my kids aren't creative with names. Oh, and I call the garden hedgehog 'Prickles' so I'm probably just as bad.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
On my way home tonight i did think at one point "i'm gonna catch up with that idiot and tell him exactly what he just did".........but i'm not quick enough........glad really....so i settled for fitering past a load of other drivers further on and going to the front of the queue at some roadworks with lonnngg phasing.......... and taking primary at the pinch point............but like the OP........... close passes do get you down at times.......and breathe.

Funny,but when I get the chance I deliberately accidentally on purpose get in their way if im particularly wound up by it,totally innocently of course.:whistle:

Raging Squirrel

i had some cards made up from Vistaprint and kept them in my car. They were like a normal business card, with a small picture of a folded £20 note, and on the back it said

"hey mother******, thanks for parking like a complete knob head. Next time why don't you leave me a tin opener so i can get into my f****** car. I've attached a £20 so you can buy yourself some f***** parking lesson. Have a nice day f****r"

they went down a storm

Top Bottom