New camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ScotiaLass

Guru
I wanted a small camera to replace my Nikon Coolpix which I take on my rides - while it's a perfectly good little camera, it was a bit bulky and the shutter lag annoys me!
I saw the adverts for the new Samsung Galaxy II camera and liked the look of it and all the neat things it could do. I decided to buy the first version as the only major difference seems to be the processor - and the price!

20140502_084938.jpg

20140502_085008.jpg

I'm a creature of habit, and the thing that appealed to me was the fact that the camera OS is the same as my Samsung S4. I thought I had a memory card that would fit but it turns out I don't, so I'll be popping out later to pick one up so that I can test this little lady out properly.
Having completed an HND in photography, I'm used to using the manual settings on my big kit.
The Samsung allows you to use its huge variety of pre-set scenes, whilst giving you the option of fully manual settings. Nice! It can also upload pictures straight to Facebook etc.
It's probably just as heavy as the Nikon but it is much smaller and compact.
I'll return here at some point over the next few days with photos!

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I wanted a small camera to replace my Nikon Coolpix which I take on my rides - while it's a perfectly good little camera, it was a bit bulky and the shutter lag annoys me!
I saw the adverts for the new Samsung Galaxy II camera and liked the look of it and all the neat things it could do. I decided to buy the first version as the only major difference seems to be the processor - and the price!

View attachment 43922

View attachment 43923

I'm a creature of habit, and the thing that appealed to me was the fact that the camera OS is the same as my Samsung S4. I thought I had a memory card that would fit but it turns out I don't, so I'll be popping out later to pick one up so that I can test this little lady out properly.
Having completed an HND in photography, I'm used to using the manual settings on my big kit.
The Samsung allows you to use its huge variety of pre-set scenes, whilst giving you the option of fully manual settings. Nice! It can also upload pictures straight to Facebook etc.
It's probably just as heavy as the Nikon but it is much smaller and compact.
I'll return here at some point over the next few days with photos!
Looks interesting. Look forward to seeing how it does.

I wished I had had a camera with me this morning as there was a big red hot air balloon just about to take off from a field right at the side of the road.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
Does it play Angry Birds though ? Temple Run 2 ?
It does everything except make a phone call! I'm not using it for that but some features will be handy.

Yeah, hubby has a folding 6 x 9. I like using my 35mm and the medium format Mamiya RB 67 :smile:

oooooooo medium format is very lovely. i had never used 120 film before a few months back and now i am hooked. it has that 'thing'. i have a couple of old Lubitels that i just love using. i hanker for a Mamiya, they hold their price well, even on ebay they cost a pretty penny.

got some nice Zenits on ebay that work very well too. Lomo do some very nice stuff... the Diana and Diana mini are good, i use them a lot.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
oooooooo medium format is very lovely. i had never used 120 film before a few months back and now i am hooked. it has that 'thing'. i have a couple of old Lubitels that i just love using. i hanker for a Mamiya, they hold their price well, even on ebay they cost a pretty penny.

got some nice Zenits on ebay that work very well too. Lomo do some very nice stuff... the Diana and Diana mini are good, i use them a lot.
I got my RB67 with money from an award I won at college during my HNC. I'll dig out a pic....

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Nice camera SL. Of course me being an expert photographer like what I am. Yeah not. I am to photography what the pope is to bricklaying, but it looks like the bees knees. Congratulations nice camera.

Top Bottom