New camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the_mikey

Legendary Member
The thing is, if you have something like Microsoft one drive, or sky drive, the camera will automatically upload them to it when you have wifi..

:thumbsup: I use Microsoft one drive and it works well.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
:thumbsup: I use Microsoft one drive and it works well.

We've only just started to use it as it came pre installed on a new laptop and once my Microsoft Account was set up in line with the xbox, it was already backing up. Checked it out and when I realised there was the app for my phone, I popped it on. Great backup if you have a good phone cam or indeed a smart camera. It also automatically backs up anything you put onto the laptop or PC. Our desktop has all the pictures on from the last 10 years but they are backed up to a network drive. Way too many photos for the 10gb free allocation.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Nice wee camera.
We have far too many cameras here - oh ok we don't really but the one we use the most is a little Fujifilm Finepix that we got for £28 from the second hand shop, card in it and everything. Chap was chatting away while taking our money that he left the 2 duracel batteries in it that he'd put in to show us that it worked. Not as flash as your new one but its fine for work. I'd like a better compact really but can't afford one at the mo.

Kies

Most medium to high end compact cameras are very "network" connected these days.
E.g The TZ40 has wifi, NFC and an app for IOS & android which allows pics once taken on the camera to be uploaded to facebook,twitter & instagram via the phone. Clever stuff

Maverick Goose

A jumped up pantry boy, who never knew his place
oooooooo medium format is very lovely. i had never used 120 film before a few months back and now i am hooked. it has that 'thing'. i have a couple of old Lubitels that i just love using. i hanker for a Mamiya, they hold their price well, even on ebay they cost a pretty penny.

got some nice Zenits on ebay that work very well too. Lomo do some very nice stuff... the Diana and Diana mini are good, i use them a lot.
If you like 6x6 then Mamiya C330s are pretty reasonably priced and the lenses are excellent too.

Sara_H

Guru
Nice wee camera.
We have far too many cameras here - oh ok we don't really but the one we use the most is a little Fujifilm Finepix that we got for £28 from the second hand shop, card in it and everything. Chap was chatting away while taking our money that he left the 2 duracel batteries in it that he'd put in to show us that it worked. Not as flash as your new one but its fine for work. I'd like a better compact really but can't afford one at the mo.
I got a Fujifilm Finepix z110 at christmas in the sale @£40. Brilliant compact camera. Carry it with me most of the time now.
OH has a very professional looking camera complete with a selection of lenses (and the skills and knowledge to make it work!). I'd love to have the "big" camera with us at all times, but just not convenient!

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I got a Fujifilm Finepix z110 at christmas in the sale @£40. Brilliant compact camera. Carry it with me most of the time now.
OH has a very professional looking camera complete with a selection of lenses (and the skills and knowledge to make it work!). I'd love to have the "big" camera with us at all times, but just not convenient!
We both have poshy nobby DSLRs and are reasonably adept with them. Not practical to cart to work daily or for most bike rides, hence the compact. We have a Nikon Coolpix or something too. All our SLRs and DSLRs are Canon. Both of us have had a Canon in one form or another since about 1982. Now we share lenses.

OP
OP
ScotiaLass

ScotiaLass

Guru
We both have poshy nobby DSLRs and are reasonably adept with them. Not practical to cart to work daily or for most bike rides, hence the compact. We have a Nikon Coolpix or something too. All our SLRs and DSLRs are Canon. Both of us have had a Canon in one form or another since about 1982. Now we share lenses.
I have Canon but hubby has Nikon so we can't share.
I hate lugging about the big kit!

sazzaa

I'm getting a posh nobby Canon DSLR for free... I have zero idea how to use it, anyone got any handy links for a bit of self tuition?

sazzaa

read the manual... as far as putting batteries in and stuff.

step 1) TURN OFF ALL THE BEEPS!!!!

step 2) point camera at things and press the shutter

step 3) repeat step 2.

there you go.

Yeah I want to do things manually. If I wanted to point and shoot I'd use my cybershot or my phone.

Top Bottom