New cassette...which one ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
I'll bore you with the details ;)
1 year old Bianchi / Xenon with Miche 10 speed cassette.
Replaced the chain 2 or 3 months ago...and was aware that wear is beginning to show on the cassette, but thought it'd be ok.

Maybe relevent, but ive only done 1 or 2 thousand miles perhaps on it, but i do honk and push along a lot.

Consequence....chain is starting to show wear already :biggrin:

Bogger it...new cassette and chain this time.
I dont want a Miche...i suspect its a cheap. So, i'd rather spend a bit and get a better quality one....Veloce or Centaur. Is Centaur harder wearing...or just lighter. Would i kill a Centaur with my riding style but just benefit from the weight saving ? If thats the case i'll just get a Veloce.

Any thoughts anyone ? Muchos obligardos :biggrin:

MartinC

Über Member
The first question is what sort of hubs are they. If they're Campag then just get the cheapest Campag, Miche or BBB cassette you're happy with and has the ratios you want. The more expensive ones are just prettier and lighter.

If they're Shimano splined hubs (it's possible) then your choice will be limited to the few cassettes you can get that are Shimano splined and Campag spaced.

OP
OP
gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
Thanks for that Martin...
Certainly, a Shimano fit cassette tool doesnt fit, so i assume its on a Campag freehub. I havnt seen Miche cassettes that fit Shimano (doesnt mean they dont...i just havnt seen them while researching)
Your point about the more expensive is just lighter and prettier is important. If thats the case, i'll just get the Veloce (or similar)

Thinking again...i think i'll keep running the combo i've got at the mo. Its not slipping or causing problems at the moment..i'll replace it all when i do.
Thanks for the input...

Top Bottom