1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Cateye lights

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by BentMikey, 20 Sep 2007.

1. BentMikey

BentMikey Rider of Seolferwulf

2. cannondale boy

cannondale boy Über Member

Doesn't look impressive. I mean that it only lets out 2x1 watt led, which is poor if your in pitch darkness. Battery life is o.k, but i would opt for a "light and motion - vega". I know its a little more expensive, but you only pay for what you get, and your not getting enough from this light!

3. Ashtrayhead

Ashtrayhead Über Member

How much!!! And it's got the same crappy mount that slips whenever you go over as much as a fallen leaf!

4. OP
    OP
    BentMikey

Oh they're not that bad. I've had two of those mounts on my fixed wheel for over a year now, with two EL530 lights, and they've worked great. Excellent at intimidating cars at night, at least compared with having a flashing light.

5. Twenty Inch

Twenty Inch New Member

It's a crap mount. I've gone right off Cateye since they started making their decent mounts only available as an after-market purchase. If you order Cateye kit from the US, you still get proper mounts. Gouging bastards.

6. OP
    OP
    BentMikey

I got both those lights from geargurl on ebay, from the US. It's the same mount as shown on the Wiggle picture, and I like.

7. Chris James

Chris James Über Member

I agree the mounts are dire, and don't drop it on the floor or it will never work again.

8. alfablue

alfablue New Member

For £99 (from Planet-X / On-One) you could get a new version Dinotte 200L-AA light,

[​IMG]

200 lumens equivalent to 18-20w halogen, small, neat, easy and secure fitting. Beats the Cateye in every respect. On half power it will last 4 hours and be several times brighter.

I have the old model, it is fantastic - this should be even better.