New commuting bike or stick with knackered steed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
KnackeredBike

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Unless 'tens of thousands of miles' is an exaggeration those tyres will be well and truly dead.
They look like they've been attacked by a Gillette rep thanks to the delightful people who decorate the cycle track with broken glass but somehow they're still in one piece. I've always reckoned that when I start getting punctures I'll replace them but I'm still waiting for numero uno. That said I think 100kg of me prevents too much skidding.
True the wheels, lube and adjust the bearings... even new bearings are liable to be only pennies and an hour of your time.
Thanks good advice, new bearings time it is then.

Drago

Legendary Member
Shes an old girl. She's loved you and been faithful to you, always there when you've needed her. Give her some love back, keep the relationship going. Too many old commuters get consigned to the dusty shed of divorce ;)

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I've never ridden a Carrera bike but the riders I've seen on them look hardy, all kitted out and well geared up, like they ride them whatever the weather. That's got to be a workhorse recommendation! Keep it going, I'd say. You might eventually need a fun bike, though.

I've never ridden a Carrera bike but the riders I've seen on them look hardy, all kitted out and well geared up, like they ride them whatever the weather. That's got to be a workhorse recommendation! Keep it going, I'd say. You might eventually need a fun bike, though.

They ride them in the winter, then get their pricey bikes out.

Top Bottom