New CX recommendation 1.5 - 3k

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seadragonpisces

Über Member
Had a Croix De Fer before but want to see what else is out there as sold the other bike but recently moved to a village and a CX would be perfect.

Want a good frame, decent spec, great street cred and also amazing but understated looks. I would prefer rim brakes but not that bothered, discs ok too.

I guess am a bit confused as to the main differences between a CX and an Adventure bike, maybe a CX less road friendly but bikes I am looking at include, Genesis Day 1 Alfine DI2, Croix De Fer, Jamis Renegade Elite, Focus Mares ...

Any views, other suggestions?

Last edited:

clid61

Veteran
I got one of these , very pleased with it , use it as my commuter and general hack bike , mudguards easy fit and use a QR seat post rack

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Merida-Merida-Cyclo-Cross-4-2014-Cyclocross-Bike_64928.htm

Mrs M

Guru
Very much like the look of the Specialized Crux Sport E5 Evo '15.
A road friendly CX bike having a compact 34/50 chain set, more like a road bike.
Nice understated paint job in white and black.
It's wheels don,t get the best reviews and it's 105 but at £1500 comes in at the bottom of your price range so could upgrade. Or just buy the frame and build from there.@

OP
OP
seadragonpisces

seadragonpisces

Über Member
Thanks all for the views, have placed my order now.

Focus Mares CX 0.0 11g. Can't wait to get it. (The looks are hardly understated as per one of my original criteria but I love it). Really light too, 7.3kg, not bad for a CX.

Last edited:
OP
OP
seadragonpisces

seadragonpisces

Über Member
Thanks cant wait to get it now, I guess a few weeks to come from Germany etc ..

Top Bottom