New cycler from Ayrshire

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Cammykaze, 6 Aug 2012.

1. Cammykaze

Cammykaze New Member

Hello all,

Been searching for a friendly cycling forum for the past part of a week as I have recently bought a Sararen 2000 Mountain Bike at auction. Wanted a cheap starter bike to see how I went and so far, so good, really enjoying my time on the bike and the feeling of freedom while riding.

This seems like the ideal place to become a member of with the look of the forum and viewing the advise given I was eager to get involved.

Do we have any Ayrshireman or Women on the forum?

Col5632 likes this.
  2. Col5632

Col5632 Veteran

:welcome: to the site, there is a few Ecosse riders on the forum so should be a couple around yourself :thumbsup:

3. Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph" A kilogrammicaly challenged woman Moderator

Cammykaze: great username - Rocky beat me to it :wacko:
    Welcome from Glasgow! :hello:

4. sittingbull

sittingbull Über Member

Hello and :welcome:

5. OP
    OP
    Cammykaze

Cammykaze New Member

Thanks a lot for the welcome and compliments :becool:

Did a cycle through Ardrossan, Stevenson and Saltcoats last night which was enjoyable, tackled my first uphills since I started cycling again. Kept the gears as high as I could and sped up to the hill as it was approaching which helped a lot.

Put myself in for a cycle around Arran at the start of next month so going to get the miles in as well as I can with as many uphills as possible, I hear Arran is pretty hilly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice