New Cycling Offences.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Link 'not found'

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Ah, sorry.

Screenshot_20190807-180147_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190807-180147_Chrome.jpg

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I thought this may have been of interest to some.

Cycling UK trying to turn things around in the cyclist favour.

Looking at the number of cyclists down threads, it can't come soon enough.

https://www.e-activist.com/page/message?mid=64dc63ab5b274abaac7730a249cabbd8

I'm glad you understand what Dollimore is on about because it looks like meaningless waffle to me.

Too many large organisations focus on lobbying and campaigning rather than providing any practical assistance to their donors and members.

The RSPCA is famous for it, lots of meetings, conferences and long expense account lunches in Westminster, but few of them want to get their hands dirty at the sharp end of animal welfare.

Not compulsory, of course, to contribute to either organisation so we can all make a choice.

Drago

Legendary Member
The RSPCA is famous for it, lots of meetings, conferences and long expense account lunches in Westminster, but few of them want to get their hands dirty at the sharp end of animal welfare.

Too right. The police call them regularly for X, Y or Z amimal in distress, but I don't recall them ever once turning out. A waste of DNA the lot of them.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
I'm glad you understand what Dollimore is on about because it looks like meaningless waffle to me.

Too many large organisations focus on lobbying and campaigning rather than providing any practical assistance to their donors and members.

Not compulsory, of course, to contribute to either organisation so we can all make a choice.

I always feel that we can hardly complain if we don't at least support those willing to try.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I always feel that we can hardly complain if we don't at least support those willing to try.

Fair point.

Putting your money where your mouth is does give you a stake in the game.

I don't know what you pay to Cycling UK, but it's probably not a lot in the grand scheme of things.

OP
OP
Slick

Slick

Guru
Fair point.

Putting your money where your mouth is does give you a stake in the game.

I don't know what you pay to Cycling UK, but it's probably not a lot in the grand scheme of things.
It's only pennies but your a small part of something substantial that's in with a shout of actually making a difference.

Possibly a tad idealistic, but what's the alternative?

Top Bottom