new cycling shoes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Well what do you think?
Shoes at that price are not going to be rubbish are they?

You just want to make sure they fit as being Italian the sizing will be tight.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Watch out for feminine perfidy! It's a ruse to give her the right to a pair of Manolos at £500.

redcard

Veteran
The way you have phrased your question suggests you're either trolling, or have absolutely no idea what you're paying for.

Stick to DHBs

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Sidi? A great brand. You get what you pay for. Cheaper shoes have nylon rather than carbon soles which tend to be heavier, plus better materials and finish on better shoes.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I have a pair of Sidi Five shoes, and Sidi winter boots. Neither were cheap. They are however the comfiest shoes I own (cycling and non cycling). Well worth the cash.....

However, I have narrow, pointed feet - if you have broader plates, or well spread toes you may find the fitting rather snug.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Just got a set of Sidi SDS Sierra MTB shoes from Planet X (who've got a big job lot of Sidi shoes online at the mo). The SDS shoes are all manufactured by others, hence much lower price tags. They were £60, and a great buy IMHO. Size guides weren't too clear about the right size- my old DHBs are 44, the Shimano boots are 45, so I went with 44.5 for the Sidis. Comfortably tight but with plenty of wiggle room for the toes, the way I wanted. The soles have scuffed up nicely- that would be riding 250-odd miles plus walking/foot-downs, natch- but very comfy, well ventilated and they look great.

My best shoes are semi-bespoke Oxfords, £250 about twenty-two years ago. Currently on their third set of soles and heels. I have some veltschoen from the same last, but they were cheaper.

I have no others of comparable quality or fit, although my children claim I have about eight pairs of identical shoes. How little they know...

As for cycling shoes, I've never spent more than £55 and even that seems a bit steep for leisure footwear in which I walk hardly at all.

Will they take a minute off your time over 10 miles? No. Will they shave ten seconds off? Probably not.

Will they make you a better cyclist. No. Will they fit your feet or cleats better? Maybe, but that is not a function of their price

Will they impress a certain kind of bike-gear fetishist? Of course.

Will they make you deeply happy when you put them on to go for a ride? I imagine so. That justifies them. you don't need idiots like me on the Internets to qualify your decisions.

Top Bottom