New Cycling Tester Job

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember

Yes! Thanks very much :hyper: Will have a look later - right on my doorstep and sounds like a dream :smile: :wahhey: :thumbsup:

Drago

Legendary Member
Well, I know it says full time, but you never know how full time, full time is until you have a looksee. They're not too specific about much at all really, so I can't help but apply, at least.

If it floats your boat then go for it!

In my experience those that gloss over pay and remuneration generally aren't in a position to use the salary to tempt candidates, hence the absence of the filthy lucre in the ad. Not even vague straplines such as "Salary- £££ competitive £££".

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
If it floats your boat then go for it!

In my experience those that gloss over pay and remuneration generally aren't in a position to use the salary to tempt candidates, hence the absence of the filthy lucre in the ad. Not even vague straplines such as "Salary- £££ competitive £££".

Here's hoping it's a double bluff then :thumbsup:

vickster

Legendary Member
@smutchin might have some insight into that side of the industry. I expect writers aren't that well paid (as journalism & cycling industry generally)

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Can't help but think they've got the kit testing model wrong. They want someone fulltime. How much stuff are they testing?

Why not reach out to keen cyclists who would ride and test in their spare time?

Turbo Rider

Just can't reMember
Mmm, I expect you're right TBH, but having worked in finance for the best part of 15 years, I'm ever so slightly bored & incredibly dissillusioned with it xx(. I'd actually like to train to become a bus driver, or do something a bit more manual orientated, but I love writing (2 books completed and another about to be started...neither taken as far as even seeking publication as of yet...long story, but the 3rd needs to go out before the 1st two - couldn't write it without having the 1st two formed though :crazy:) and love cycling, so if I could get two things like that going at the same time, it might make both more pheasable for me, which is why I want to know more about the 'full time' thing. If you can do what you love & get paid for it, it's worth more than anything, I think.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Bus driving's a lark. If more people knew how nice it was, especially for private carriers like corporations and hospitals and nursing homes and care centers, they'd do that rather than what they're doing. Not the perfect job, but I have no complaints.

dodgy

"It is a full-time position, based at our offices in Croydon"

How quaint.

It's 2015, couldn't they cast their net a bit (lot) wider and make it remote working?

I'm out, their loss ;)

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Mmm, I expect you're right TBH, but having worked in finance for the best part of 15 years, I'm ever so slightly bored & incredibly dissillusioned with it xx(. I'd actually like to train to become a bus driver, or do something a bit more manual orientated, but I love writing (2 books completed and another about to be started...neither taken as far as even seeking publication as of yet...long story, but the 3rd needs to go out before the 1st two - couldn't write it without having the 1st two formed though :crazy:) and love cycling, so if I could get two things like that going at the same time, it might make both more pheasable for me, which is why I want to know more about the 'full time' thing. If you can do what you love & get paid for it, it's worth more than anything, I think.

Interview over...

Top Bottom