New cyclist from Vietnam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi and :welcome:.

Be careful out there, try to be visible and don't wear camouflage. I try to avoid busy roads wherever possible.

Thorn Sherpa

Über Member
Hi there :welcome: Illavego makes a very good point with visibility, hiviz clothes and clothing with reflective tape will help drivers spot you easier. I don't know where you are living or commuting to but try to find cycle paths or dedicated cycle lanes on the roads to help keep you safer. I've no doubt how daunting it must seem at first but when your use to the roads over here you'll enjoy riding and the people on this forum will help you with any questions or advice.

Where in the UK are you? It is likely there will be people on this forum who know the area and know the best roads for cycling.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
Welcome. Take a look at the Warmshowers website. It is a free accommodation resource for cycle tourists. It presents an opportunity to travel to other places in the U.K. (And the rest of world) and stay with friendly hosts. I have hosted for a few years and it has been great.

Keith Oates

Janner
I lived and worked in both the North and South of Vietnam for nearly 2 years and have cycled many miles on the roads. All you need to do here is to be aware of the cars and trucks but to be fair I think the car and truck drivers here are by far more dangerous to cyclists.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom