New cyclist. Hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Thomson, 16 Apr 2018.

Tags:
  1. Thomson

Thomson Active Member

Been here a few months. Just saying hello. Moved jobs in October and was just using my car to work and back. It's three miles away. Decided to get a bike and get rid off the car. Bought a 2013 Sirrus comp for £200. Since then it's easy paid for itself. cycle to work everyday. I am to start going longer cycles soon to keep fit and I enjoy it.

Quite like to but a giant road bike. But in no rush.

Anyway. Hello all.

2. Mrs M

Mrs M Veteran

:welcome:

3. Elysian_Roads

Elysian_Roads Senior Member

4. :welcome: Thomson. The Sirrus is a well respected bike and will serve you well :okay:

When it comes to tying yourself in knots over which road bike to buy then we're all here to help confuse you even further :crazy:

5. welsh dragon

welsh dragon a permanent vacancy now exists

Hello and welcome. :welcome:

6. flake99please

flake99please Make mine a '99'

Welcome to the forum.

7. Fenrider

Fenrider Is't far you ride?

What a sensible person! :welcome:

8. Fonze

Fonze Totally obsessive , cool by nature

Hello there .. :bicycle:

9. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

10. OP
    OP
    Thomson

Thomson Active Member

Thank you. all. Great site very friendly.

Havnt cycled in years so now I do enjoy it. The fact it costs me nothing to get to work is the real reason I started it.(everyone must off started for a reason?) After 12 years off using a car to work some years were 400 miles a week it's made a huge difference to me.

The comp has done me well. It seems a good buy. Nothing to compare it to yet but quite fancy a Boardman but recently been likening the giant defy range.

welsh dragon likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice