England : Hampshire New Date! Night Ride Around The Coast 2015 (August 21)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Just read the ride report/episode of Holbystad in the FNRttK thread. Shizzle man, take it easy! No problem with the ride postponement.
Ta. I'm expecting to be back to work tomorrow, it's been over 72 hours since the prang with no symptoms arising, but I thought given the circumstances, not least the reduced time available for preparations, that it was best to give up on the 29th now.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Perfectly understandable, S.
Take it easy, and don't try rescheduling until you really really feel up to it.
Best wishes, C

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

Perfectly understandable, S.
Take it easy, and don't try rescheduling until you really really feel up to it.
Best wishes, C
(Ab) Normal operations have been restored, but I wasn't sure about time and weather permitting the recces in time for the 29th (I have a fortnight off, the first week will now be at home, but the forecasts look pretty rubbish so far) . Rather than muck people about, I'll look for another date.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Thanks Stu. I'll have to call this one nearer the time as it's around family holiday season.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
Right....how about August 29.....?
I'll be in France during the second half of August.

Just looking at B&Bs and such and realised 29th August is a Saturday -- is that right, Stu? Somehow I thought this was a Friday night jobbie...

If indeed Saturday, that may work nicely if we go over Friday night, potter around on Saturday, have a nap, do the night ride then make our way home on Sunday via Adam's dad in Bognor...

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

Just looking at B&Bs and such and realised 29th August is a Saturday -- is that right, Stu? Somehow I thought this was a Friday night jobbie...

If indeed Saturday, that may work nicely if we go over Friday night, potter around on Saturday, have a nap, do the night ride then make our way home on Sunday via Adam's dad in Bognor...
Sorry, meant 28th...though on account of the ferry times we wouldn't start riding till about 1am on the 29th....

Also - not finding any accommodation anywhere that weekend. Would the weekend beforehand (Friday the 21st) work for you, @StuAff ? Appreciate you have other stuff on, and will need to do a reccie or two.

Actually, that's a point: a reccie on a non-BH weekend would be pointless, if the actual ride is on a BH weekend.

Last edited:
Bump.
Having been unsuccessful in finding accommodation on the bank holiday weekend, I speculatively booked something for the weekend before that and posted above suggesting a move to Friday the 21st, to be fair to accommodate not only ourselves but also anyone else who might prefer a non-Bank Holiday weekend on the Isle of Wight (and who might prefer that the reccies are conducted under conditions as close as possible to those that can be reasonably anticipated for the ride date itself).

Having heard neither yea nor nay in reply, I take it this is still on for the 29th so I'll cancel our B&B booking. Sorry we can't make it, Stu. Another time perhaps.

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

Sorry for not updating earlier- good point about the 29th. If you haven't cancelled yet, 21st might well work better....

Top Bottom