New E Bike day Pivot E Vault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tomm Williams

Picked up my new Pivot last night and excited to take it out for the first ride today. As this is my first experience with an E bike, I thought I’d turn this into a multi thread story as I have the opportunity to evaluate the various aspects of the bike.
My reason for going to an E bike is I’m scheduled for a significant back surgery later this year that will have me wiped out for perhaps as long as 6 months. Being 62 I realize that will have a drastic impact on my current conditioning so an E bike would be of great help getting back.
However I have a bit of time before that happens so I intend to ride the heck out of this thing, with and without the battery/motor unit, and report my impressions.
Tomorrow will be the first true test with a favorite climb of 3750’ of non stop climbing over a 12 mile route. That should certainly give me some indication of battery life.

Cheers

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0.jpeg
    imagejpeg_0.jpeg
    257.8 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

Stul

Veteran
Welcome to your new e-bike .. :smile: . Had my e bike for three years now, and mainly got it due to knee problems, and also being a fair weather cyclist and not cycling over the Winter months I was always "starting from scratch" from Spring. Really helps to "ease you in" to a new season. With an e-bike I can happily do a 25 miler from the off, and within a few rides back up to 35+ miles per trip. I find my e-bike (Raliegh Centros), far to heavy to ride any significant distance without any assist. At the start of the season it is still mainly in "eco" (lowest) mode, but frequent power ups to "tour" to help with inclines, and the 3rd setting for bigger hills. As I get fitter I can normally manage on Eco for 95% of my usual journeys and this gives me a battery range of about 85 miles. However hills really burn the battery!!

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Great looking bike! Haven't seen the brand Pivot in the UK. Assume that's a 'gravel' version. Fazua?

Top Bottom