New Endurance bike for £3k ish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leodis

Veteran
Canyon do a nice endurance range

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
i would get a nice custom frame made for around 2k and then add wheels, finishing kit and groupset................you then get exactly what the heart desires

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Spotted some very attractive high end road bikes https://www.orrobikes.com/bikes/road but don't know much about the manufacturer.

Nice bikes. They're a British brand, owned by distributors i-ride, hence they come with 3T components etc.

(They really go to town on the British angle on their website. "All of our bikes are designed in Britain; and all of our bikes are assembled by hand here in Ditchling in the heart of Sussex" - but note they don't specify that the frames are built in Britain. Two guesses why that is.)

Globalti

Legendary Member
Harry Hall Cycles in Manchester have a Roubaix Elite in 56 that they will allow you to ride up the street if it's dry. They and the Specialized Concept Stores have no stock of Roubaix Comps at all; new stock is expected around 22 January. Elite is mostly 105 equipped and Comp is mostly Ultegra.

OP
OP
R

rob r

Cheers for all your advice.
I spent the last month in Evans' Manchester undertaking a thorough a "by eye" and then laser bike fit, doing test rides and detailed assessment for an angled stem.

I have decided on the domane sl6 disc with ultegra pedals, sks stealth mud guards, giro shoes. I will probably fit a Sqlab active seat in a while as the bontrager is not to my fit.
Evans' also gave a "sitting bone" width fit which was helpful.

I was initially a little wary of using Evans' but thanks to the patience and expertise of Dan and Hannah in the Manchester, Deansgate shop I now have a bike which is comfortable and with only an inch or so difference between this bike and my marin hybrid in the critical handlebar height and reach dims and enabling me to stick to a sportive bike even given my dodgy back!

I also purchased all these items using "price match" which saved me £600 ish against the December prices.

LESSONS I've learnt - much perseverance, research, take informed advice, use a bit of cheek and time to assess correctly for yourself and what suits you not others!

Top Bottom