New enduro bike build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Just had a look at the Santa Cruz website. My last mtn bike was bought in 2004. A few friends had Santa Cruz (Superlight I think) fir our XC natural trail outings. I barely recognise the bikes now, the Blur rings a bell though. If I ever return to mtn biking I’d have to start from scratch assessing what I want. The bikes look a little alien in terms of angles, wheel sizes etc to my XC bike from 19 years ago.

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
Once I'd filled the brakes and given them a bleed there wasn't much more I could do - the only outstanding job now is to set the stem height and cut the steerer down and tension the headset properly.

This thing looks the business though, pretty sure I'm gonna have fun riding it :becool: So far its been totally worth the wait :laugh:

20230306_085603.jpg

20230306_085617.jpg

20230306_085630.jpg

20230306_085342.jpg

20230306_085354.jpg

OP
OP
JhnBssll

JhnBssll

Veteran
Just had a look at the Santa Cruz website. My last mtn bike was bought in 2004. A few friends had Santa Cruz (Superlight I think) fir our XC natural trail outings. I barely recognise the bikes now, the Blur rings a bell though. If I ever return to mtn biking I’d have to start from scratch assessing what I want. The bikes look a little alien in terms of angles, wheel sizes etc to my XC bike from 19 years ago.

The angle's look alien to me too, you're not on your own there. My XC bike is old by current standards but is only 7! I really like how it rides though so won't be changing it anytime soon. The slacker head angles on these newer bikes just make high speed stuff much less terrifying and I'm hoping it makes up for some of my lacking skills when I ride with my mates on trails I really should be avoiding :laugh: Having only ridden the Nomad about 20 metres around the pavement the head angle already feels super weird at low speeds - the wheel just wants to flop to one side or the other all the time, you have to physically hold it central. Once you point them down a hill though they come in to their own and it all makes sense.

Top Bottom