New Fazua system - RIDE 60

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richtea

Not available yet (summer/autumn 2022), but it looks like an improvement over the existing system.

The headline gain is much higher capacity (430 Wh v 252 Wh) at the cost of 1 Kg weight gain.
There's also more 'boost' power for short periods.
Torque is slightly increased, but not so much a user would be able to tell.

The design allows for a non-removable design too. Not sure why that's a selling point - less weight (no lock, etc) ?
There are no dimensions given, but I guess it must be slightly greater volume to fit the extra battery capacity in there.

The three example uses - 'Urban', 'Gravel', 'Mountain' - don't include 'Road'. Maybe the extra kilo stuffs that offering?

I guess the battery capacity will increase the price over the existing RIDE 50, but there's no mention of cost.

Ride 60:
430 Wh
4.2 Kg
60 Nm
450W max (I assume this is just 'short term boost', and it will meet EU's 250W limit in normal use)

Ride 50:
252 Wh
3.2 Kg
58 Nm
350W max ('short term boost')

More here:
https://fazua.com/en/energy/ride-60/

Last edited:

gzoom

Über Member
I actually quite like the look of the 60, but more interestingly Trek has also removed the front suspension setup on the new 2023 Domane. The Domane frameset is the one Trek has paired up with the Fazua motor before, I came very close to ordering one, but at 15.7kg even the £7k carbon SLR version weighed the same as my sub £2k aluminium Boardman.

However the new Domane frameset should be lighter, and if the Ride 50 now also offers less weight, I would find a 10-11kg Fazua powered Domane very very very hard to resist. I absolutely love the speed/utility of my Boardman eBike, but I do miss the handling, drop bars, and 'feel' of my Trek road bike. Combine the two and I'll be one very vert happy bunny:wub:.

Incidently I worked out the 'fuel' costs of doing 3000 commuter miles on the Fazua powered Boardman to be £6!! So man maths says that justifies spending £5-6-7K on a shiny new machine :laugh:.

A Fazua powered version of the Paris-Roubaix winner, just take my money!!

Paris-Roubaix-2022-new-Trek-Domane-31.jpg

Last edited:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
I like the ring control. I don't like the website. Why are 'black on black' presentations so popular? Not clever or trendy anymore.

Top Bottom