New fixed for creaky old git

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jongooligan

Legendary Member
My current fixed wheel bike is a Bianchi Pista. It has very steep frame angles, is made of chromoly steel and has 25mm tyres running at 105 psi (rear) & 95 psi (front).
I've had it years but it's becoming increasingly uncomfortable for me as I get older. I've made some adjustments such as increasing tyre width from 23mm and raising the handlebars and these helped temporarily but it's obvious that I need a more relaxed bike if I'm going to be comfortable. This weekend I got pins and needles in both hands after just 15 miles of flat riding.
Which fixed wheel bike would you recommend for this creaky old git? I never buy cheap but I can't afford anything too exotic or a custom build.

BTW - anyone want to buy a ~25" Bianchi Pista?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Yes but the alarmed shed is full. Really full. I thought it was full and then we got another bike. ;)

I'd recommend checking your position on the bike. Sounds like too much weight on the hands, possibly the wrong saddle position or stem length. See http://wheel-easy.org.uk/uploads/documents/Bike Set Up 2017a.pdf or visit a shop.

Top Bottom