New Forest Camping?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oxford_guy

Über Member
My girlfriend and I are thinking of participating in the New Forest charity ride (probably the 28 mile one) on 20th Sept (see: http://www.bike-events.com/Ride.aspx?id=209 ), which starts from Brockenhurst (which is also where we'll be getting the train to/from), however we would like to make a weekend of it, so are thinking of camping in the New Forest on the Friday and Saturday nights. Could anyone recommend some good camping sites? Ideally would like ones that aren't over "regimented" and are in the forest itself, though access to showers for the Saturday night site at least would be nice. Ideally would like somewhere within 5 miles or so of Brockenhurst. Thanks! :evil:

numbnuts

Legendary Member

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
I would agree on Roundhill, just a short walk from Brokenhurst train station

4F said:
I would agree on Roundhill, just a short walk from Brokenhurst train station
I wouldn't say it was a short walk it's about 2 1/2 miles from the centre of Brockenhurst up onto Beaulieu Heath, is rideable though. Hollands Wood should be fairly quiet as it will be the end of the season and the sites will be closing a couple of days later anyway.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Headgardener said:
I wouldn't say it was a short walk it's about 2 1/2 miles from the centre of Brockenhurst up onto Beaulieu Heath, is rideable though. Hollands Wood should be fairly quiet as it will be the end of the season and the sites will be closing a couple of days later anyway.

Hmm my memory must be going. You are right I was thinking of Hollands Wood :biggrin:.

Top Bottom