New Forest Rides?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
At last I've got off-road bikes for all the family along with a 4 bike carrier and tow bar. So can anyone please recommend where I can park the car in the New Forest and spend a good few hours off-roading (and picnicking).
Shaun.

andyp

I did some cycling a few years ago with the family in the forest ,we parked up at Brokenhurst theres a cycle shop there called Cyclexperience and we got some route maps from them with various rides around the Forest.

Olliekuma

A good place to end up for a lunchtime stop is the Royal Oak at Fritham. Starting at just outside Burley keeping the Queens Head on your left go up to a car park then take the bikes on the track up to the Canadian memorial then across to the underpass under the A35 from there work your way up to Fritham.A 1:25000 Ordnance Survey map will help. Alot depends on the age of the children as to how far they can ride. Hampton Ridge to Fritham is very doable with children parking up at Frogram. The first one is a bit agricultural in the wet. This is my home trritory so to get the best out I would avoid the grockle trails and venture with the OS map there are some fantastic places to explore so happy cycling.

James Higgins

New Forest Cycling

'We visited Burley recently and found it an excellent base for easy going cycling in the New Forest. We hired from Forest Leisure Cycling, it's right in the centre of the village and they've got free parking nearby.
They've got a really helpful website www.forestleisurecycling.co.uk and we were able to book our bikes online. The website also includes a list of local accomodation.
We found lots to do around Burley and luckily the weather was really good. The village has it's own website with great info on what to see and do: www.burleynewforest.co.uk

Top Bottom