New Forest trike friendly campsite and rides please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi Folks

Hopefully we are going to descend on the New Forest later this year ( September - October ish ) :cheers: .. :cold: and was looking for a trike friendly campsite ^_^ ( touring caravan ) with a few local and sensible roads rather than trying to ride on the main drag through it :angry: , I looked at Aldridge Hill ( bottom of the ornamental drive ) But they are not open then, and the one on the Stoney Cross Airfield , Any more Ideas would be welcome . Being so low down :becool: I would prefer something where I am not looking up the rear end of a New Forest Pony :eek:

We would prefer one with an electric hookup as it would be nice to charge up the e-trikes without using a generator:stop: or solar power:sun: .

We will give Sandy Balls a miss :o) as they have priced themselves out of the market .:evil:

regards Emma and Ken

Hi Emma,
Years since I did any camping in the UK, but happy memories of it all the same. Last camping trip there was to Paignton for a few days scuba diving - gotta be a dozen years back easily.

Intrigued by the 'Sandy Balls' you mentioned, and had a look at the web site. Shocking how much it costs for camping now, especially as an outsider looking in. We travel a lot over this way and stay in many hotels/resorts, averaging about 12/14 quid a night, which is around half what I'd pay to stay in a tent there!

Last time I camped in New Forrest was about 30 years back, Easter time, 3 nights, each one in succession windy, torrential rain, and then snow! Good test for the new tent at the time, and as I say - happy memories (in hindsight)...........:rain:

fixedfixer

Veteran
Have used Rushcroft Farm at Sway. Hook ups for 5 caravans. Bit basic but ok. Stayed there each time we did the Gridiron CTC ride.

Top Bottom